Themed Mixtape Game

Well, my fellow forum dwellers...I think I may have a winner on my hands.

I mean, I'm totally prepared to come in dead last to spare Ozz the embarassment :p but still, I'm feeling pretty confident for my first submission ever.

Need to ask because I haven't played one of these mix tape games before - do we rate our own song in the rating stage, or do we skip that one?

You rate your own or else everyone would know which you picked and it would defeat the object of it being a secret :p. That doesn't mean you automatically give your own song a 10, I don't think anyone has done this regularly. Obviously you can give it a 10 though, if you think it's a 10.

Need to ask because I haven't played one of these mix tape games before - do we rate our own song in the rating stage, or do we skip that one?

Yep, rate your own song. If you didn't it would potentially give away your pick to someone else who could downrate it for whatever reason.

Kinda like when I gave a Candlemass song a zero because I knew Omni was being a massive bitch over something I jokingly said offhand about it and definitely caused her a loss of round.

image.jpeg

It would be kind of ridiculous to vote for your own.

To be honest, I've always thought the lowest rating on a song and the highest could be ignored when counting ratings and it would remove any anomalies like that and allow you to rate your own song without data contamination.

To be honest, I've always thought the lowest rating on a song and the highest could be ignored when counting ratings and it would remove any anomalies like that and allow you to rate your own song without data contamination.

This would mean that some songs would end up with less overall ratings than others. If you divide a song where say only 4 out of 15 ratings went through by 15 then it would bring it down a whole lot. If you divide it instead by 4 (the amount of ratings that went through) it would bring it way up.

It would make more sense to just not factor in the rating of the person who submitted the song when adding up the scores.

Otherwise 5 people could give a song a 10/10 rating and you have to ignore that because it's the highest rating and only factor in the middling scores despite it being intensely well-liked.

It would make more sense to just not factor in the rating of the person who submitted the song when adding up the scores.

Otherwise 5 people could give a song a 10/10 rating and you have to ignore that because it's the highest rating and only factor in the middling scores despite it being intensely well-liked.

Lol surely you'd only discount one of the 10/10 scores.