Themed Mixtape Game

I can't see any truly valid reason to remove any of the ratings unless you're only removing the rating of the person who submitted the song or if people are intentionally contaminating the ratings and admitting that they're doing it.

Yeah, Master Yoda, because the song he submitted already appeared in a previous mixtape. We could go with it anyway since there's quite a few new players since it appeared, but I'll give him the option to change it.

I'm not sure what @Phylactery even means but let's say 11 people rate. Every song has 11 ratings.
If the ratings go....

The average is 8.27
If you eliminate the lowest and highest score (only one of each you dopes) it's score becomes a 9, which eliminates that anomaly 0 and gives it the score the general scores more closely resembled.

It may not be perfect but it does stop one person from nuking a song or jacking their's up quite a bit.

Oh, I misunderstood you then. I thought you meant that you go through everyone's rating and remove the highest and lowest score from them individually which makes no sense and I've no idea why I thought you meant that. Probably because I've had 3 hours sleep. That would work if people want that doing in the future.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what @Phylactery even means but let's say 11 people rate. Every song has 11 ratings.
If the ratings go....

The average is 8.27
If you eliminate the lowest and highest score (only one of each you dopes) it's score becomes a 9, which eliminates that anomaly 0 and gives it the score the general scores more closely resembled.

It may not be perfect but it does stop one person from nuking a song or jacking their's up quite a bit.

Yeah, this is the way I read it.

And I personally like that way better because you can't say for sure if someone is giving a 0 or 10 truthfully.

Everyone should be allowed to rate their own song for anonymity because this is an old, old board and people know who they like and don't, regardless of if it's fair or not.

And I personally like that way better because you can't say for sure if someone is giving a 0 or 10 truthfully.

Everyone should be allowed to rate their own song for anonymity because this is an old, old board and people know who they like and don't, regardless of if it's fair or not.

Well, I'm the new blood here so I'm probably screwed. :rofl:

You know what's strange? From the theme we currently have, I can only think of a couple that may have been submitted. I could have sworn I had more predictions for stuff that is in other mythology.

Had a look at the first page of this thread and... is this Arg?

rrr.jpg

Reactions: CiG