Themed Mixtape Game

Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
8.5/10.
This is epic heavy metal magic. I'm going to have to own this in the near future.

Burzum - Jesu død
7/10.
I've never been really big on Burzum, but I get it.

Crimson Glory - Azrael
9/10.
Crimson Glory is always phenomenal.

Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod
8/10.

Paradox - Pray to the Godz of Wrath
7/10.
This was very cool. Anyone want to recommend me something by this band?

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
7.5/10.
I didnt hate this at all, maybe I should try an album by the band. Gotta admit though, usually not my thing and past my attention span level.

Adagio - In Nomine...
8/10.
Not sure what's up with all the cheese this round, but I'm feeling it tbh.

Corrosion of Conformity - Mine Are the Eyes of God
8/10.
This song/band fits pretty awkwardly into this playlist but I do like Corrosion and the song so I'll give it a pass.

Realm - Eminence
7/10.
Legendary band.

Atlantean Kodex - Sol Invinctus
7.5/10

Rudra - Hymns to Thee
3/10.
Yuck. I didnt like this at all.

Beastcraft - Burnt at His Altar
3.5/10.
This sounds like 10,000 other black metal bands I dont care about.The video was cooler than the song.

Portrait - Lily
3.5/10.
I like Portrait, I own every album. This song is my least favorite and sucks compared to a chunk of this list.

Macabre Omen - A Call From Gods to God
5/10
. I really dont like this as much as most guys do.... And I surely cant rate it as high as the Burzum song...

This list was great but fizzled a bit at the end.

Last edited:
Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
8.5/10. This is epic heavy metal magic. I'm going to have to own this in the near future.

Burzum - Jesu død
7/10.
I've never been really big on Burzum, but I get it.

Crimson Glory - Azrael
9/10.
Crimson Glory is always phenomenal.

Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod
8/10.

Paradox - Pray to the Godz of Wrath
7/10.
This was very cool. Anyone want to recommend me something by this band?

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
7.5/10.
I didnt hate this at all, maybe I should try an album by the band. Gotta admit though, usually not my thing and past my attention span level.

Adagio - In Nomine...
8/10.
Not sure what's up with all the cheese this round, but I'm feeling it tbh.

Corrosion of Conformity - Mine Are the Eyes of God
8/10.
This song/band fits pretty awkwardly into this playlist but I do like Corrosion and the song so I'll give it a pass.

Realm - Eminence
8.5/10.
Legendary band.

Atlantean Kodex - Sol Invinctus
7.5/10

Rudra - Hymns to Thee
3/10.
Yuck. I didnt like this at all.

Beastcraft - Burnt at His Altar
3.5/10.
This sounds like 10,000 other black metal bands I dont care about.The video was cooler than the song.

Portrait - Lily
3.5/10.
I like Portrait, I own every album. This song is my least favorite and sucks compared to a chunk of this list.

Macabre Omen - A Call From Gods to God
5/10
. I really dont like this as much as most guys do.... And I surely cant rate it as high as the Burzum song...

This list was great but fizzled a bit at the end.

Paradox - Heresy is their best album imo. The debut is also good and the rest are mixed

Last edited:
Isn't this like the third time we've had a D666 submission?

I like the playlists that contain bands, albums or songs I haven't heard yet. For example, when people submit Slayer or Candlemass etc.

Is there anything on this list you hadn't heard yet? Surprised you hadn't heard Seventh Angel last time btw. That was a joke pick to me since he sounds ridiculous on that song, and it somehow got favorable reviews. But overall a good band, have two of their albums.

Is there anything on this list you hadn't heard yet? Surprised you hadn't heard Seventh Angel last time btw. That was a joke pick to me since he sounds ridiculous on that song, and it somehow got favorable reviews. But overall a good band, have two of their albums.

I haven't heard about half of this playlist, half of that half are bands I've never even heard of too.

Nope I hadn't heard of Seventh Angel, for sure. Pretty surprising considering doom metal is generally my area, so cheers for that haha. Sometimes ridiculous sounding music is just what you want to hear.

Hopefully I can rate this soon, I don't have much free time coming up.

Reactions: Baroque
I think of Seventh Angel as more of a thrash band. I think this is the 2nd time tonight we've had thrash and doom mixed up. The song posted had some doom moments to be fair.

Reactions: CiG
I think of Seventh Angel as more of a thrash band. I think this is the 2nd time tonight we've had thrash and doom mixed up. The song posted had some doom moments to be fair.

Mixed genres + doom metal is still usually on my radar, not to belabor the point, but Dream Death are a favourite of mine.

I wish there were more bands like that to be honest, I am a doom metal purist most of the time, but it's great fun to see it changed up every now and then, especially if the band is able to get passed being a gimmick/genre unicorn and just create awesome, genuine, creative metal.