Themed Mixtape Game

it's too easy to google "metal songs about [insert theme here]" and pick the most "true" and "classic" songs. i think it would be ideal if everyone entered songs within their circumference of listening, instead of formulating a change of discern just to win.

it's too easy to google "metal songs about [insert theme here]" and pick the most "true" and "classic" songs. i think it would be ideal if everyone entered songs within their circumference of listening, instead of formulating a change of discern just to win.

I don't think that anyone is doing this to get an advantage. All of the choices so far matched what I know about people and their listening habits.

^i'm deliberately avoiding picking especially acclaimed songs so i'll probably never win. then again, i never would've guessed in a million years that voivod would win out of all those.

One of you twats took my initial pick!

tumblr_ngsp8nkHYW1u0b2vao1_500.gif

Reactions: CiG
tbh I found it surprisingly hard to think of more than a half dozen or so songs, and I bet they've all been taken already. I guess I don't pay attention to the lyrics as much in the average trad/power band.

Not about actual dragons, but i fuckin' love this track ...

edit: And nah, i say we stick to metal.

I actually thought someone would choose this one despite it not being about dragons.

If I won anytime, I would deliver you so fucking great theme that all of you would be satisfied! :heh:. I have two great ideas.

Sent the obvious choice and a backup that's probably a lot less characteristic of me and I feel like a chunk of the voters won't like, but oh well.

Oh and I couldn't find Skullview - In League With the Dragon online and didn't want to personally upload it to YouTube so skipped that one.

I thought of around a dozen songs and then I picked the one that I thought had the best chance of winning based on the wide variety of music taste here. This is the first round that I'm actually trying to win.

I have 16 entries already. I'm just going to post the list now for your voting pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX61tYO3oEFeTNyH_pIManH9VLbObBkHP

Earth - There is a Serpent Coming
Omen - Dragon's Breath
Tyrant - Take it to the Dragon
Amon Amarth - The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves
The Black Dahlia Murder - Vlad, Son of the Dragon
Bewitched - Dragonflight
Dream Evil - Chasing the Dragon
Dark Millennium - Beyond the Dragon's Eye
Saint Vitus - Dragon Time
The Wizards - Dragon Slayers
Crimson Glory - Where Dragons Rule
Heir Apparent - Dragon's Lair
Nocternity - Valyrian Steel (Blood of the Dragon)
Therion - Ho Drakon Ho Megas
Maveth - Dragon of the Continuum
Helcaraxe - Red Dragon