Themed Mixtape Game

Too many songsss

Doomentor - 7 I can get behind this kind of doom. I'd have a drink and support this band at a show. Sounds legit.

Manilla Road - 4 nasally annoying voice. iron maiden wannabes. Seriously dude is just singing from his sinus cavities, use your lungs and gut man. Meandering boring guitar work, sits in one happy place, basically rock riffs. Doesn't make me visualize an awesome concept, a necropolis, at all.

Sepultura - 8 their best album.

The Lamp of Thoth - 2 uuuuugh, fuck this

King Diamond - 7 never been a fan of his vox, but I appreciate the emotion and that guitar work somewhat. Definitely more interesting than Vanilla Road

Dimmu Burger - 6 not bad, not great

Falcon - 3 Sounds more like motorcycle rock. Not necessarily a bad thing but this is pretty basic even for what it is. The music is like Grateful Dead without any of the drugs or talent, mixed with maybe Ted Nugent without the passion and insanity.

Angra - 8 Well this blows the last fucking thing out of the water immediately. I remember hearing these guys before and liking them also, I should check out more. It's a lot like Exmortus +Symphony X musically. Yeah I can get down with this. -1 for an awkward key change around 2:54 that doesn't really fit.

Morbid Angel - 8 Classic.

Eunochian Crescent - 4 Eh. Yet another black metal band using this old movie, this doesn't stand out at all.

Psychotic Waltz - 7 I'm a fan of what these guys do(/try to do), but I'm rarely in the mood to listen to it.

Vinterland - 4 this kind of stuff bores me so much. I can often predict the damn riffs like 10 seconds in advance, and then they do exactly as I expected.

End Amen - 8 Great album overall, and a solid song but somewhat flawed. That part from like 0:54 to 1:22 reminds me quite a bit of early/mid Megadeth. This sounds better off of youtube, there's not enough bass here.

Wolfnacht - 5 Not entirely bad, better than the other black entries. when does the song really start? What is with these super long intros in bm, sometimes lasting up to the entire song. Ok the synths sound interesting against the harsh vocals, but maybe mixed too highly. Also: riff repeat repeat repeat, new riff, repeat repeat repeat, back to original riff repeat repeat repeat.

Heir Apparent - 7 I liked it. Nice guitar work.

Comedy is rating that End Amen song the highest on the list. Christ.

Also, black metal Miss Cleo in the house apparently, predicting riffs and whatnot.

Reactions: Phylactery
Dementor - The Tomb: 5.5/10

Not really all that impressive to me.

Manilla Road - Necropolis: 8.5/10

Sepultura - 7.5/10

I liked the other tracks more than this one. Still good though.

Whatever, I'll rate it higher.

Lamp of Thoth - The House: 6/10

There is much better doom than this, honestly.

King Diamond - Mansion in Darkness: 9.5/10

One of my favorite tracks off of Abigail.

Dimmu Borgir - The Mourning Place: 5/10

Pretty average as far as symphonic black metal is concerned.

Falcon - Castle Peak: 8/10

Really liked this one.

Angra - Temple of Hate: 8.5/10

Two words: KAI...HANSEN.

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls: 9/10

Good pick.

Enochian Crescent - Black Church: 3.5/10

NOPE.

Psychotic Waltz - The Spiral Tower: 7.5/10

This was pretty cool.

Vinterland - A Castle So Crystal Clear - 9.5/10

Fantastic. Loved this.

End Amen - 8/10

Surprisingly good.

Wolfnacht - A Demonic Winter Conceals the Shadow Tower: 7/10

It was OK.

Heir Apparent - Tear Down the Walls: 7/10

This was also pretty good but could have been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery and CiG
Manilla Road - 4 nasally annoying voice. iron maiden wannabes. Seriously dude is just singing from his sinus cavities, use your lungs and gut man. Meandering boring guitar work, sits in one happy place, basically rock riffs. Doesn't make me visualize an awesome concept, a necropolis, at all.

337407.gif

Dementor - The Tomb: 5.5/10

Not really all that impressive to me.

Manilla Road - Necropolis: 8.5/10

Whatever, I'll rate it higher.

Lamp of Thoth - The House: 6/10

There is much better doom than this, honestly.

King Diamond - Mansion in Darkness: 9.5/10

One of my favorite tracks off of Abigail.

Dimmu Borgir - The Mourning Place: 5/10

Pretty average as far as symphonic black metal is concerned.

Falcon - Castle Peak: 8/10

Really liked this one.

Angra - Temple of Hate: 8.5/10

Two words: KAI...HANSEN.

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls: 9/10

Good pick.

Enochian Crescent - Black Church: 3.5/10

NOPE.

Psychotic Waltz - The Spiral Tower: 7.5/10

This was pretty cool.

Vinterland - A Castle So Crystal Clear - 9.5/10

Fantastic. Loved this.

Wolfnacht - A Demonic Winter Conceals the Shadow Tower: 7/10

It was OK.

Heir Apparent - Tear Down the Walls: 7/10

This was also pretty good but could have been better.

looks like you forgot to rate Sepultura