Themed Mixtape Game

Since it's been weeks and only two people haven't rated, I'm going to wrap this up. Now it turns out the winner is one of the two people who haven't rated, but I'm not going to follow precedent and disqualify him because 1) it's someone who has diligently rated in most rounds so far AFAIK, 2) it's someone who hasn't hosted before IIRC and 3) I don't really see the problem as long as the winner has the time to host.

Also no country, what happened? You've been one of the last people to rate in the last several rounds, only to now abstain entirely. Did you lose the spark for mixtape games, or perhaps get married (to EspaDa's sister)?

Anyway, the winner is @Serjeant Grumbles with King Diamond - A Mansion in Darkness!

King Diamond - 7.91 ( @Serjeant Grumbles )
Morbig Angel - 7.50 ( @arg )
Heir Apparent - 7.25 ( @Vilden )
Psychotic Waltz - 6.75 ( @HamburgerBoy )
Vinterland - 6.67 ( @Phylactery )
Sepultura - 6.67 ( @Sirjack )
Wolfnacht - 6.63 ( @no country for old wainds )
Manilla Road - 6.17 ( @Master_Yoda77 )
Falcon - 5.79 ( @Elric of Melniboné )
Doomentor - 5.75 ( @CASSETTEISGOD )
Dimmu Borgir - 5.54 ( @arg )
Lamp of Thoth - 5.46 ( @Krow )
End Amen - 5.13 ( @Baroque )
Angra - 5.04 ( @Talos of Atmora )
Enochian Crescent - 4.00 ( @dwellerINTHEdark )

Doomentor - The Tomb
I've said this before but I love black metal that veers away from the ubiquitous 2nd wave sound into something more primal. This, to me, just sounds like pure darkness intuitively translated into music without overreliance on the tropes of any established style. Really disappointed in the middling ratings this is getting, because this fucking owns. To everyone calling this bland or unoriginal, please tell me what this is so heavily derivative of because I'm clearly not hearing it.
9/10

Manilla Road - Necropolis
Obvious and loosely on theme, but still amazing.
7/10

Sepultura - To the Wall
I thought with this theme it'd be obvious if something's thematic, yet I get shit picks like these. This is about buildings about as much as War Pigs is about animal husbandry.
3/10

The Lamp of Thoth - The House

Way to ruin a great atmosphere by going all Mike Patton or something. What the fuck Krow, I expected better from you.
4/10

King Diamond - A Mansion in Darkness

Amazing and strongly on theme.
9/10

Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace
It's alright, I can appreciate this kind of maligned untrve symphoblack stuff on at least a surface level.
6/10

Falcon - Castle Peak
Boring as shit, I don't see the appeal at all.
2/10

Angra - Temple of Hate
I always was a filthy, EuroPM-loving peasant. Not sure if Hansen works in the song's favor here, though.
7/10

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls
Obvious, loosely on theme and (imo) kind of overrated in the first place.
4/10

Enochian Crescent - Black Church
6/10

Psychotic Waltz - Spiral Tower
7/10

Vinterland - A Castle So Crystal Clear
8/10

End Amen - Prisons of Posterity
The prison is clearly metaphorical - I wouldn't say that makes it off-theme but it is a bit weak. Decent song, though.
6/10

Wolfnacht - Ein dämonischer Winter verhüllt den Schattenturm
8/10

Heir Apparent - Tear Down the Walls

Was rooting for this to win. Alas.
9/10

Also no country, what happened? You've been one of the last people to rate in the last several rounds, only to now abstain entirely. Did you lose the spark for mixtape games, or perhaps get married (to EspaDa's sister)?

busy and/or too tired sry. i did say i'd rate it this weekend fo sho so i didn't technically abstain

lol why did arg get two picks

My apologies to people who didn't like my Falcon song, although a few people seemed to enjoy it. I picked it in lieu of a certain Cirith Ungol song because I didn't want to be too obvious but I was glad to be able to pick a related band.

CIRITH UNGOOOOL TOWAH OF FIYAH!