Themed Mixtape Game

I didn't submit anything for this because I don't know the first thing about celtic mythology and I also don't listen to pretty much any so-called "celtic metal". I am excited to see what you guys come up with though since this is a complete blind spot for me.

There are actually a good amount of non-folk metal non-arg bands that use celtic themes. It's just easier if you know the main figures in celtic mythology, once you do you see it a lot.

I would have submitted Morrigan - Dead Forever but I don't have the lyrics so I don't know if it fits the theme. :p

Other than that I'm in the same spot as @Vegard Pompey there are probably alot of songs I know that are thematic but I know too little about the mythology to know they fit, and I'm too lazy/have too little time to do alot of research so I won't participate this round. :)

I haven't seen Belenos mentioned since I've been here. I'm a fan of their first 2 full lengths. Is there anything else I should look into by them?

I only have the first two as well. They used to be talked about fairly often around here - Spicilege was something of a minor modern classic, although I always preferred the debut. I remember people saying the first demo was their best but I never checked it out.

Reactions: Phylactery
I've got a pretty good playlist now, so here it comes.

CELTIC MYTHOLOGY
irish-Legend-of-Cu-Chulainn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCZgoc5nuQfhozZanO-dI87uQuy6w18Ko

Absu - Stone of Destiny
Samhain - Initium/Samhain
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman
Primordial - Sons of the Morrigan
Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia
Eluveitie - King
Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun
Belenos - Ensorcelé
Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz
Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire
Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)
Pagan Altar - The Crowman

BTW, @EspaDa will still be disqualified from winning if he doesn't rate, because he's already hosted a game before and he never rates.

Last edited:
General question, are Highlander and The Crowman legit? If anyone could point me to anything that says so, I'd be happy to include them.

If not, I'm going to question if they're on topic.

In Celtic mythology, the crow is a symbol of animism and divination associated with Morrigan. The Celts engaged in human sacrifice to purify their lands and people in rituals led by elders who wore animal masks. That song is definitely inspired by that. "Samhein" and "Dance of the Druids" are also inspired by Celtic practices.

I don't know if the Highlander is actually a thing.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Tbh I thought The Crowman was just a song about some pagan ritual but I can accept that.

I cant find anything legit about Highlander.

Tbh I thought The Crowman was just a song about some pagan ritual but I can accept that.

I think that Mythical and Magical seems to feature a lot of Celtic references in general. I guess that makes sense since the Celts were among the most maligned pagan tribes and they originated in Britain and the surrounding islands.