Themed Mixtape Game

Sorry, this is easily the most musically unpleasing mixtape from any game thus far (and yes that includes the one about me). I'd have given The Highlander an 8/10 if it was more on theme.

It's a great playlist going off the tracks I already know (most of them), but I expected you to hate it. Satanstoenail's ratings would probably be even lower but I don't think he submitted a track so I doubt he wlll rate.

Absu - Stone of Destiny
Great opener for the playlist. These guys rock. Not sure on the falsettos incorporated, however. But I do enjoy the contrast. 7/10.

Samhain -
Initium/Samhain
Haven't really given these guys the time of day. Horrible intro btw. Ooooh, it does sound like The Misfits though, so fuck yeah! Not sure if metal... whatever, Danzig rulz. 7/10.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg -
The Wickerman
I don't think I've ever listened to this band. The Wickerman is excellent so that's cool. Not a fan of these vocals... also way too catchy. 5/10.

Primordial -
Sons of the Morrigan
Epic is the word. That buildup! Really digging the album art. It's always nice to have audible yet good lyrics. It's a little overlong. 8/10.

Doomsword -
Death Of Ferdia
This is not floating my boat. Vocals are irritating, not digging the riffs, and there's seven and a half minutes of this. At least I can hear the bass. Cool ending. 4/10.

Eluveitie -
King
One of the bands I listened to way early on in my exposure to black metal. It'll be nice to check them out again cuz I haven't listened to them in forever. Yep, just as I remembered, not good. Fuckers need to grow some balls. Fun melodies tho. 4/10.

Morrigan -
Dance Of The Leprechaun
I almost submitted Giants of Stone by this band. I also was thinking of this track but then I thought better of it. Still it's a good song, it just doesn't have enough diversity imo. 6/10.

Belenos -
Ensorcelé
The vocals are ace, down to the chanting. It's aggressive yet it's peaceful. Time to revisit this album. 9/10.

Heol Telwen -
Enez Glaz
I love the opening assault. That fucking whistle! Vocals rip too. Acoustic break is welcome as well. 9/10.

Mael Mórdha -
The Doom of the Races of Éire
I used to listen to these guys but it's been a while. There's that whistle again haha. Not feeling one with this song. The clean vocals are a turn off. Extreme vox ain't much better. Bass is nice. Driving drums. 5/10.

Lost Horizon -
Highlander (The One)
I'm not gonna downrate this song based on it being off topic. It does a great job of getting a shitty rating all on its own. Fuck this is long. I don't like you. 2/10.

Pagan Altar -
The Crowman
Guitar interplay in nice. Vocals only slightly annoying. Now, how is this a metal song? Is this on topic? 4/10.

Absu - Stone of Destiny

8/10

I recently purchased this album. The music is cool and weird and the vocals are awesome.

Samhain - Initium/Samhain

5/10

This isn't really metal but it's a decent enough song.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman

8/10

I wanted to submit this song.

Primordial - Sons of the Morrigan

6/10

My first Primordial song. This isn't as cool as that other band with the same singer that I heard in a previous mixtape.

Doomsword - Death of Ferdia

7/10

@CASSETTEISGOD probably picked this song. It's cool.

Eluveitie - King

1/10

This is shit.

Morrigan - Dance of the Leprechaun

7/10

My first time hearing this band. I should listen further because this is good.

Belenos - Ensorcelé

6/10

I'm not crazy about this but it has some cool melodies.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz

5/10

Decent but again not something I'm crazy about.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire

5/10

This is decent too.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)

3/10

All of the points are for the singer. The song is too long and not on-topic.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman

9/10

I like the Celtic-inspired songs on this album. This is no exception.

Reactions: CiG
It's a great playlist going off the tracks I already know (most of them), but I expected you to hate it. Satanstoenail's ratings would probably be even lower but I don't think he submitted a track so I doubt he wlll rate.
I actually had a flick through the playlist yesterday to see how bad it was and I wasn't disappointed. I don't think anything except maybe Samhain would have scored higher than a 3 from me.

Absu - Stone Of Destiny 7/10
This is a good album, I like all the heavy metal/King Diamond moments too.

Samhain - Initium/Samhain 5/10

Great band. Great song. Wrong genre.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman 10/10

Easily one of my favourite albums by Slough Feg and this is among the album's best. Just, amazing. I love this band so much.

Primordial - Sons Of The Morrigan 7/10

I'm a sucker for marching drums in metal for some reason. This is cool. Epic.

Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia 9/10

Not their best album, but still I think it's pretty damn good. Another band I truly love. Great lyrics.

Eluveitie - King 4/10

Absolutely terrible vocals. On theme.

Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun 6.5/10

This was enjoyable but it didn't blow me away or anything. Cool clean vocals though.

Belenos - Ensorcelé 7/10

It puts across a very sorrowful feeling but then slices like daggers in some areas.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz 6.5/10

This was cheesy as all Hell, but not terrible.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom Of The Races Of Éire 6.5/10

I always meant to check this band out since it contains members of Mourning Beloveth and Celtachor. This doesn't give me high hopes, but it's not exactly terrible either.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One) 7.5/10

This absolutely rules. Clearly I need this band's stuff.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman 7.5/10

Removing a point for not really being one of their metal tunes. Pure greatness, of course.

1543987117-13472fea98a9e4e831dd6dd7beba2b69.jpg

Last edited:
Absu - Stone of Destiny
8/10.

Samhain - Initium/Samhain
4/10.
Off genre.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman
10/10.
This round's winner.

Primordial - Sons of the Morrigan
10/10.

Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia
8/10.

Eluveitie - King
1/10.
Fuck off arg.

Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun
6.5/10.

Belenos - Ensorcelé
7/10.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz
5.5/10.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire
7.5/10.
A solid band. They cant stand up to the biggest bands on the list but fuck they'll try. And thats the celtic spirit anyway. Probably someone's 2nd or 3rd pick.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)
0/10.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman

7.5/10. Metal band non metal song.

Slough Feg wins easily. A shame, Primordial would give them more of a battle and probably win if we werent smack dab in the middle of the heavy metal bermuda triangle.

Reactions: Drudenhaus
Nah, I posted something mildly off topic once and it got ripped into pretty hard so I'll be passing 0-2's for off topic shit unless its something I really fucking like.

Reactions: CiG