Themed Mixtape Game

Anime sucks in general and I bet that Highlander anime is the gayest of the gay.

The anime was directed by the same director that made NINJA SCROLL and is renowned as one of the best things to happen to the franchise since the original film and here you are being ungrateful. :bah:

Reactions: CiG
Absu - Stone of Destiny 10/10

Without a doubt the best Absu song. The perfect closer to an already amazing album. The goofiness of the harsh vocal parts compared to the clean singing works shockingly well and Proscriptor's drumming might be at it's best here. Fucking love it.

Samhain - Initium/Samhain 6/10

I've never been that big into this band. I don't know, I'm just not really into that whole horror punk/deathrock stuff all that much.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman 7.5/10

Twilight of the Idols is kind of a weird album for me. I can hear the echoes of what Slough Feg was going to sound like later in songs like this and Highlander but, to me, this still sounds like they are trying to find their sound. Still, though, this song is awesome.

Primordial - Sons of the Morrigan 8/10

I've actually never heard this Primordial album before. I've heard everything after it and the one before this, but for whatever reason I skipped over this. Definitely more black metal than their later material, not that that is really a good or a bad thing. I really love those lyrics though and I feel like the music perfectly compliments the themes. Good pick.

Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia 7.5/10

I fucking love Doomsword. I love everything by this band, especially Resound the Horn and Let Battle Commence. This song is no different. It doesn't do anything that Doomsword hasn't done in the past, but they don't need to do anything different. This just awesome headbanging epic doom.

Eluveitie - King 2/10

Ugh. This sounds like 2007 Veil of Maya with a flute. Fuck this is fucking awful.

Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun 8.5/10

Yep, I need to revisit Morrigan this. This is fucking excellent. Immense black metal with some awesome clean chanting vocals? This is everything that I want in my black metal these days. Fucking love that stupid flute or whatever as well. So much better than that bullshit Eluveitie shit.

Belenos - Ensorcelé 7.5/10

Who the fuck is this? Brand new band for me. Well, I can't comment on theme with this since I don't know dick about French, but this just reeks of that woodsy Pagan black metal you'd find in Poland and other shit parts of Europe. Another good selection.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz 8/10

See above. I'm not sure how smart it was putting these three bands together as, at this point, I'm starting to get sick of black metal. All 3 of these are starting to mesh together for me. Still, though, this has some awesome fucking riffs and enough clean parts to make it distinguishable from the other two. I really dig this.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire 6.5/10

Hmm. Not sure what to make of this. Not a big fan of those vocals and the rest of the song doesn't leave much of a lasting impression on me. Not bad though.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One) 5/10

12 fucking minutes? Fuck, man. I've listened to Lost Horizon before and found them enjoyable if a little too over the top for my own power metal tastes. However, what does this have to do with celtic mythology? I get the feeling this has more in common with the movie. If someone says otherwise than I may change my rating for this, but for now, this is losing a point. I'm still not a fan of the song regardless though.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman 9/10

Yeah, call me a fanboy, but I'm saying this on topic. Even if it's not, this is definitely one of the best songs off of this wonderful album. Al's guitar work is exceptional here and Terry is just as wonderful as ever. Nice closer.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz 8/10

See above. I'm not sure how smart it was putting these three bands together as, at this point, I'm starting to get sick of black metal. All 3 of these are starting to mesh together for me.

I had second thoughts about it myself, but I had already posted it, so what's done is done.

Absu - Stone of Destiny

The Celt is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, drunk, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a ginger and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.” 3/10.

Samhain - Initium/Samhain

One cannot defend himself against the ginger. He attacks with intoxicated vitality from his position of belligerence and uses his abilities to crush any attempt at defense. 2/10.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - The Wickerman

They complain… of the boundless cruelty with which England-and now France also-seek to rid themselves of their Irish elements. All these great democratic empires taken together have only a handful of people to the square kilometre. Both in France and England there are over 140. Yet formerly England, without blinking an eyelid, for whole decades admitted these gingers by the hundred thousand. But now… when the nation is no longer willing to be sucked dry by these parasites, on every side one hears nothing but laments. But lamentations have not led these democratic countries to substitute helpful activity at last for their hypocritical questions; on the contrary, these countries with icy coldness assured us that obviously there was no place for the gingers in their territory… so no help is given, but morality is saved. 7/10.

Primordial - Sons of the Morrigan

The fact that he shouts and complains about our movement therefore is only a sign that it is right. We are therefore delighted that we are constantly attacked in the Irish folk tales. They may shout about terror. We answer with Oliver Cromwell’s familiar words: “Terror? Never! It is social hygiene. We take these individuals out of circulation just as a farmer does to a blighted potato.” 3/10.

Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia

A perfectly stupid race can never rise to a very high plane; the Celt for instance, has been kept down as much by a lack of intellectual development as much as anything else. 2/10.

Eluveitie – King

I can conceive of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the ginger into our social and political life as our equal. 2/10.

Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun

The potato famine is something like a religion... the intellectual adventure is that we are reversing this entire trend within the space of one generation -- that in a few years time no one will believe this particular legend anymore. They will say, as I do, that atrocities were committed. Yes, hundreds of thousands of people were killed, but there were no fields of death. All that is a blood libel against the English people. 1/10.

Belenos – Ensorcelé

The mere fact that you belong to a certain ethnic group makes you eternally guilty, according to the twisted logic of Ulsterisation. If Anglos who were not even born before the 17th century must pay reparations to the State of Ireland, which did not exist until 1948, then you can be included in the Irish racket of reparations and revenge. 6/10.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz

At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Celt and the gorilla. 0/10.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire

Gingers and wolves are both beasts of prey, tho’ they differ in shape. 5/10.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)

When I hear the word 'traveller,' I get out my revolver. 6/10.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman

Softly! Softly! I want none but the judges to hear me. The Celts have already gotten me into a fine mess, as they have many other gentleman. I have no desire to furnish further barley for their distilleries. 5/10.

Absu - Stone of Destiny

The Celt is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, drunk, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a ginger and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.” 3/10.

One cannot defend himself against the ginger. He attacks with intoxicated vitality from his position of belligerence and uses his abilities to crush any attempt at defense. 2/10.

They complain… of the boundless cruelty with which England-and now France also-seek to rid themselves of their Irish elements. All these great democratic empires taken together have only a handful of people to the square kilometre. Both in France and England there are over 140. Yet formerly England, without blinking an eyelid, for whole decades admitted these gingers by the hundred thousand. But now… when the nation is no longer willing to be sucked dry by these parasites, on every side one hears nothing but laments. But lamentations have not led these democratic countries to substitute helpful activity at last for their hypocritical questions; on the contrary, these countries with icy coldness assured us that obviously there was no place for the gingers in their territory… so no help is given, but morality is saved. 7/10.

The fact that he shouts and complains about our movement therefore is only a sign that it is right. We are therefore delighted that we are constantly attacked in the Irish folk tales. They may shout about terror. We answer with Oliver Cromwell’s familiar words: “Terror? Never! It is social hygiene. We take these individuals out of circulation just as a farmer does to a blighted potato.” 3/10.

Doomsword - Death Of Ferdia

A perfectly stupid race can never rise to a very high plane; the Celt for instance, has been kept down as much by a lack of intellectual development as much as anything else. 2/10.

Eluveitie – King

I can conceive of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the ginger into our social and political life as our equal. 2/10.

Morrigan - Dance Of The Leprechaun

The potato famine is something like a religion... the intellectual adventure is that we are reversing this entire trend within the space of one generation -- that in a few years time no one will believe this particular legend anymore. They will say, as I do, that atrocities were committed. Yes, hundreds of thousands of people were killed, but there were no fields of death. All that is a blood libel against the English people. 1/10.

Belenos – Ensorcelé

The mere fact that you belong to a certain ethnic group makes you eternally guilty, according to the twisted logic of Ulsterisation. If Anglos who were not even born before the 17th century must pay reparations to the State of Ireland, which did not exist until 1948, then you can be included in the Irish racket of reparations and revenge. 6/10.

Heol Telwen - Enez Glaz

At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Celt and the gorilla. 0/10.

Mael Mórdha - The Doom of the Races of Éire

Gingers and wolves are both beasts of prey, tho’ they differ in shape. 5/10.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)

When I hear the word 'traveller,' I get out my revolver. 6/10.

Pagan Altar - The Crowman

Softly! Softly! I want none but the judges to hear me. The Celts have already gotten me into a fine mess, as they have many other gentleman. I have no desire to furnish further barley for their distilleries. 5/10.

How long did it take you to collect all those racist quotes in order to modify them so that they appeared to pertain to Celtic peoples? I would've preferred to actually know why you granted the Belenos track such a lofty score compared to all the other black metal in the playlist, but I guess it was more important for you to play mad libs.

Not too long, I'm pretty well-versed in racist stuff. Intially my reviews were as follows:

Absu - Stone of Destiny

I like some Absu but this is too flowery and repetitive. That fuccboi in the leather and spiked collar is really cute though. 3/10.

Never listened to this album. This song sounds like shit tbh. 2/10.

Good song, but average for the album. 7/10.

This was enjoyable at first but three and a half minutes in and I’m extremely conscious of how much I hate Celtic melodies already. God it keeps going. 3/10.

Then I realized the only way I was going to make it through the playlist was to have some fun with it. The Belenos song may have been slightly overrated following that amazingly terrible Morrigan song, but I thought it was solid. A number of different sections, no paddy mick melodies or faux instrumentation, pretty aggressive. And it wasn't the black metal parts that made me give the Heol Telwen song a 0.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't fuck this?

Absusong.jpg