Themed Mixtape Game

Ic6n1UG.gif

Anyone been keeping up on this like since the start or anything? I'm kinda bored and might add to the original post with some album covers. Last I did was Ambition. Whoever's been making the playlists most often, if you can give me the link to your youtube and who won that'd be titties.

Don't have links to the playlists but I have been keeping track of each theme we've done so you can search this thread for those and you should find the playlists without too much hassle.

The themes we've done post-Ambition are Dependence, Literature, Punishment, Gods / Deities, Moorcock, Buildings, Celtic Mythology, Metal. Actually I have the playlists for the last five of those in my browser history, here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ImT-Ybme8XU4mzAaRIsFmfw5nPEYi55
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt39yNWs_zrJCJ4AMdeu5fh1YsCR7WbeV
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ImT-Ybme8W6iwdY_oYdPPpuIc0_V2IQ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCZgoc5nuQfhozZanO-dI87uQuy6w18Ko
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxQMqbFcEiXy7Ut3jab5-oCdnWyDH61UO

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
The playlist should be ready this evening. There's a chance I may ask someone else to make it but I have to get home from work first...

Everyone has the pick they wanted and I didn't filter them at all so if you're off topic, tough shit.

Also, anyone else can feel free to submit a song until then.

Annnnd here we go

Fairly interesting playlist.

The Animal Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXVoDdepGFzgKW4MLKxvErwL2__9g0du

Dio - Lock Up the Wolves
Summoning - The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground
Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill
Virgin Steele - The Raven Song
Helloween - Eagle Fly Free
Forest of Harambe - I Am Harambe
(0:00-4:48 of this video ONLY)
King's Ransom - Caged Animals
Bathory - The Stallion
Skepticism - The Gallant Crow
Exodus - Piranha
Gaza - Mostly Hair and Bones Now
The Obsessed - Sodden Jackal
Obliteration - Goat Skull Crown
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

Forest of Harambe - I Am Harambe (0:00-4:48 of this video ONLY)
I fucking knew it. I KNEW that this song would be put here as soon as I saw that "animals" was the theme.

By the way, I see what you did there. "Lock Up the Wolves" being the first track and "Unchain the Wolves" being the last. You clever rapscallion.

IIRC, I said the song has to speak about an actual animal in the lyrics, not specifically be about an animal... But I'm not sure what youre referring to and I'd actually say let people interpret as they like.

songs that are just giving a human the qualities of an animal are being lazy.

The ones that I'm talking about do this in specific. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not familiar with every song on the list so I can't say if any others do the same.

People can ignore it if they want, but I think taking this into account will be a part of how I rate these songs. As I said earlier, I really like both of the songs anyway.

IIRC, I said the song has to speak about an actual animal in the lyrics, not specifically be about an animal... But I'm not sure what youre referring to and I'd actually say let people interpret as they like.

You have to remember that Elric is literal as fuck with no sense of humor.

I wanted to submit this, but I thought the audio was potato quality (and it's the better out of the two available):

And then there was this, but from the translated lyrics it only faintly alluded to bears, which was disappointing to learn:

Dio - Lock Up the Wolves

Haven’t listened to this album in a long time; the song isn’t even familiar to me anymore. Not a fan of this stripped-down, dry period of Dio. Even the cover art is so ugly, like the mouths of those wolves I mean damn. Spiritually this is like the anti-80s Dio. The song is kind of neat in a way, kind of doomy but not really oppressive, just empty. It’s weird how a Dio album of all things gets me anxious and annoyed. If the song seemed to mean anything it might have come together and worked in some kind of flawed forgotten gem way. As is, I still don’t want to listen to the album. It’s probably supposed to be about priests or something anyways. 0/10.

Summoning - The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground

Can’t believe people waste energy hating Children of Bodom yet have no problem with this flowery shit. Keyboards are embarrassing, the riffs are weak (albeit still metal for this particular Summoning song), almost nothing here interesting. Had to start skipping ahead after three minutes, apparently the song basically just keeps repeating itself until an obligatory heavy fade-out. 0/10.

Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill

I never read the lyrics to this album until kinda recently and was actually surprised at how good they were; from the occasional comprehensible “I LOVE ONLY YOUUUU” and “SHE’S A WICKED BITCH” I always assumed they were garbage and avoided paying attention. Excellent song. 9/10.

Virgin Steele - The Raven Song

Woah, this Virgin Steele song actually has energy and riffs. Pretty good actually, don’t remember this one. Damn, nice bridge too. I might actually give this album another listen. 7/10.

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free

A Euro-power classic for good reason. One of the most uplifting metal songs in existence. The eagle is metaphorical here, so minus one point for that, but at least it’s described. 9/10.

Forest of Harambe - I Am Harambe (0:00-4:48 of this video ONLY)

Fairly soothing. 5/10.

King's Ransom - Caged Animals

Fuck yeah animal noise samples all over the place. The goofy hyper-coy vocals fit the circus presenter vibe well. Giving me strong Psychotic Waltz vibes now that I think about it, and this was a year before their first album. Riffy too, old-school prog/power is the best prog/power. 8/10.

Bathory - The Stallion

Vocal melodies give me a Blood of my Enemies vibe. Lmao @ the cucks that can’t acknowledge Manowar’s eternal superiority to this hack. Real men play on ten. Oh and here are the “Woah-oh-ohs” and the Manowar drum fills. Not bad, aside from the drum mixing the sound is pretty nice and Quorthon had a good voice by this point, but whatever. Pretty repetitive. You’re a fucking idiot if you think Viking metal is a real thing. 4/10.

Skepticism - The Gallant Crow

For a brief time I honestly enjoyed Skepticism but I just can’t get into them anymore. Just so muffled and shit sounding, doesn’t even feel heavy to me. Uber cheesy synths. 3/10.

Exodus – Piranha

Lol, I had considered submitting Strike of the Beast and somehow didn’t even think of this one. Perfect thrash metal. Hail Baloff, hail riffs. 10/10.

Gaza - Mostly Hair and Bones Now

Wasn’t there a brief period where these guys were accepted by the metal community as a token good metalcore band? If I’m not confusing them with another band, I don’t see why these guys got all that hype. About two-thirds in it gets pretty jumpdafuckup. 4/10.

The Obsessed - Sodden Jackal

Damn, never listened to their early demo stuff, this is pretty fucking intense. 8/10.

Obliteration - Goat Skull Crown

Used to see this fucking album everywhere when it came out. Probably should have given it a shot, these vocals are great, song is pretty good too. Neat solo, kinda old-school. Can’t find any lyrics though, and the title appears to refer to a portion of an animal repurposed into clothing, not an animal itself, so minus one point there. 6/10.

Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

Werewolves are people, you fucking racist. Boring intro, boring hardcore punk chord progressions, aimless solos, ten minutes of this bullshit. That riff five minutes in was good though. Please stop submitting this shit band. 0/10.