Themed Mixtape Game

Tbh he's just trying to manipulate the game. He passed out three zeros and knocked songs he didn't want near the top out of competition completely. It's obvious to me because I do it sometimes...although not to the extreme level he did that I'm aware of.

I offered up dropping the lowest/highest score originally when I made Omni lose a round by torpedoing a Sorcerer's Pledge one game.

No I'm not. If I was I would do this kind of thing consistently, but I don't. I hate all three songs, and two of them are barely/not at all on topic regardless. If people can give 0s to arg-core, I can give 0s to atmoshit. I've actually given a number of strong positive ratings to black metal songs I had never heard just because I was happily surprised. Just because you like to nuke songs for strategic reasons doesn't mean everyone else does. Stop projecting bro.

All right, time to rate.

Dio - Lock Up the Wolves: 4/10

Honestly, this is rather boring. It's far from what Dio was capable of and a lot of his solo work was better than this. I did like some parts of it (mostly due to his usually excellent vocals) but those moments are strung together by some sections that don't really go anywhere. All in all, kind of disappointing.

Summoning - The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground: 5.5/10

This is actually one of the weaker parts of Stronghold, in my opinion. Besides, I liked Minas Morgul more so...take that for what it's worth.

Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill: 8.5/10

Wow. I've heard about this band but heard a lot of negative criticism. Looks like it was quite poorly founded. This track is great. Not to mention that there is some really fantastic lyricism here too. Got to love some good ol' fashioned U.S. prog/power. The scene that keeps on giving.

Virgin Steele - The Raven Song: 8/10

This is actually one of my favorite songs from this band. Winter Kill kind of edged it out by rating due to the new introduction of it.

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free: 9/10

This whole album and this track are great. Helloween isn't my favorite band in the genre but they did well here. Kiske's vocals are on point here as well.

Forest of Harambe - Under the Sign of Harambe: 0/10

Fuck this meme, the drooling moron of a child that spawned it, and the gorilla that it rode in on.

King's Ransom - Caged Animals: 8/10

Awesome riffs, a great vocalist, and great atmosphere. Fantastic work, overall. I'll have to check the rest of this band's material out.

Bathory - The Stallion: 8/10

Quite a list so far. Not my favorite track from this era of Bathory but I really like it, nonetheless. Shit to kill trolls and explore mystical icy tundras to.

Skepticism - The Gallant Crow: 4/10

Started liking it at first until I realized that this cool intro ended up being the entire track. :bah:

Exodus - Piranha: 9.5/10

One of my favorite songs off Bonded by Blood. Excellent.

Gaza - Mostly Hair and Bones Now: 3.5/10

All of us are better off listening to Remission. This is just boring.

The Obsessed - Sodden Jackal: 8/10

Great stuff.

Obliteration - Goat Skull Crown: 5/10

Fairly middling.

Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves: 5/10

This was just mediocre. Kind of disappointing too seeing as how much I liked the last submission. Gave it a 9 as well, if I recall correctly. Ugh. Oh, well.

Fairly good list here. Thanks, guys. :)

Last edited:
So much hate for what is probably my favourite D666 song :(.

Other than the intro I don't see how it's "atmoshit". It's full of thrashing riffs and savage vocals. I fucking love this song.

Can you see the swastika turning? Can you see the world burning?

And no I didn't submit it.

Reactions: CiG
So much hate for what is probably my favourite D666 song :(.

Other than the intro I don't see how it's "atmoshit". It's full of thrashing riffs and savage vocals. I fucking love this song.

Can you see the swastika turning? Can you see the world burning?

And no I didn't submit it.
Hey, I just thought that it was a tad disappointing in comparison to the last one. I didn't outright give it a 0.

Dio - Lock Up the Wolves 7/10
It mentions a cat so I guess it passes. Dio rules. - 1 point for insane obviousness.

Summoning - The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground 6/10

8 minutes of Enya-metal? Cheers. It's not so bad.

Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill 7/10

I really need to get this shit, it's great. Production is a little wonky but whatever. Awesome vocalist to boot.

Virgin Steele - The Raven Song 8/10

No offense to Dio up in those golden halls so high, but FINALLY something with some guts and BALLS.

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free 7.5/10

Great album man, cheesy freedom lyrics with touches of European dumbassery but it's cool.

Forest of Harambe - I Am Harambe 3/10

Whoever created this should die.

King's Ransom - Caged Animals 7/10
For some reason I imagined a bunch of apes dancing around to this goofy shit. Actually very cool though. DR. ZAIUS DR. ZAIUS!

Bathory - The Stallion 9/10

Massively on theme and any time I hear this album it fills me up with power of the gods! - 1 point because Bathory is massively obvious/an easy pick to win almost any game.

Skepticism - The Gallant Crow 8/10

I really should listen to this album more often, it just has that atmosphere...

Exodus - Piranha 8.5/10

Is this song inspired by the Corman film? Anyway, a classick!

Gaza - Mostly Hair and Bones Now 1/10

I refuse to acknowledge this as metal music. On theme.

The Obsessed - Sodden Jackal 8/10

I still don't have this fucking compilation. This is a good reminder.

Obliteration - Goat Skull Crown 8/10

No lyrics so fuck knows if it's on theme. Assuming it is, this track SLAYS. - 1 point for lyrical ambiguity.

Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves 7/10

This track is monolithic man. - 2 points for not really being thematic.

IMAZIT_zps3e171c5b.gif~original

I feel like whoever created that Forest of Harambe song just slapped the titular gorilla into the lyrics of some bedroom black metal.

Had I known you were coming back, I would have given you the chance to submit a song @CASSETTEISGOD . c'est la vie.

Yeah wow this Unchain the Wolves and Rotten Horse hate is heartbreaking, one (Unchain) is the bands #1 song and the other is a perfectly fine track from the best album from argubly the best band ever (Summoning). Wtf people?
Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill: 8.5/10

Wow. I've heard about this band but heard a lot of negative criticism.
From where? I think they usually are a real incrowd pleaser and most people likes them?

I still really don't understand how a song can lose a point for being "too obvious." The song I picked was the immediate in-crowd choice that popped into my head. I even made sure it has at least some relevance to a fucking animal before I submitted it and here I am getting good ratings..

Also, Harambe died just so you can play this fucking game. He died so you can post on these forums. Fag.

Mostly from other people I've spoken to about the band. A lot of them didn't like their stuff.

Speak to other people.

Dio - Lock up the Wolves
Dio is a top 10, maybe even top 5 vocalist for me but god I wish he was a better songwriter/would attach himself to better songwriters (I don't know if Dio or his band is to blame here). Kinda with HBB on this one, this is just really sluggish and dull.
3/10

Summoning - The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground

Amazing band, amazing lyrics, amazing song. (Shit youtube)
9/10

Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill

Love all of these youtube commenters that seemingly got here from some "worst metal bands" list. Amazing song, perfect for the theme.
10/10

Virgin Steele - The Raven Song

Great song from a band I need to check out. The jarring return to the chorus at the end was maybe not the best way to bring it home but it's a nitpick really. What does that ominous synth bit remind me of?
8/10

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free

The prototype for one billion cheesy euro-PM anthems. Immortal song.
Actually listenable youtube:

8/10

Forest of Harambe - I Am Harambe

Really drives home the sadness of Harambe's passing.
7/10

King's Ransom - Caged Animals

OK song I guess. Probably won't remember it 10 minutes from now. The animal cries are annoying.
4/10

Bathory - The Stallion

Haven't heard this, or much from this era of Bathory. Embarrasing blind spot, really. This is cool. Quorthon's voice sounds wimpy one moment and powerful the next. In ways, this sounds more like someone's first album than their... ninth. I guess that's part of the charm.
8/10

Skepticism - The Gallant Crow

Haven't heard this either. I imagine this works better in context. Nontheless I'm going to say it's pretty great. But I always did have a thing for unrestrained use of shitty synths.
8/10

Exodus - Piranha

I'm not that into thrash so something like Exodus is too quintessentially thrash for me. But it's good I suppose, and blatantly on theme.
6/10

Gaza - Mostly Hair and Bones Now

Don't have an inherent problem with -core but this isn't doing anything for me.
5/10

The Obsessed - Sodden Jackal

So this is where Wino got his start? Cool stuff.
7/10

Obliteration - Goat Skull Crown

This fucking obliterates in every way.
9/!0

Deströyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

Quoth the Krow; "songs that are just giving a human the qualities of an animal are being lazy." Great song, obviously.
4/10

Dio - Lock Up the Wolves
Not bad but quite lengthy and oddly paced at times. 5/10.

Summoning -
The Rotten Horse on the Deadly Ground
People are strange. 9/10.

Slauter Xstroyes -
Winter Kill
This is pretty dull. 4/10.

Virgin Steele -
The Raven Song
Better than the above track by a smidge. 5/10.

Helloween -
Eagle Fly Free
Shitty quality. I got into it a bit by the end tho. 5/10.

Forest of Harambe -
I Am Harambe
Black metal recorded in a well? No thanks. 2/10.

King's Ransom - Caged Animals
Points for sound effects. 5/10.

Bathory -
The Stallion
Not my favorite era but this is ight. 6/10.

Skepticism -
The Gallant Crow
Well I wish there was more here. Still, great band. 5/10.

Exodus -
Piranha
Yeah, this hits the spot. 8/10.

Gaza -
Mostly Hair and Bones Now
That was fun. 7/10.

The Obsessed -
Sodden Jackal
I like dat guitar tone. Pretty cool track. 7/10.

Obliteration -
Goat Skull Crown
Those fucking vox! Sounds quite evil. Das good. 8/10.

Destroyer 666 -
Unchain the Wolves
Rough opening. Finally kicks in to awesomeness. 7/10.

Would like to point out that if any YouTube links are bad, you dumbasses mostly submitted your video link directly to me, except for the D666 song, that is.