Themed Mixtape Game

Earth - There is a Serpent Coming 3/10
- boring as fuck, please give me that 6 minutes of my life back.

Omen - Dragon's Breath 7/10
- this track makes me want to put on some armor and go hunting for dragons or some shit. While definitely not one of the top tracks, there's not a bad song on this album.

Tyrant - Take it to the Dragon 7.5/10
- sick. Another band that i need to dig into more. CAUSE IMA TAAKKE IT, TO THE DRAGOONN! :kickass:

Amon Amarth - The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves - 7.5/10
- Good shit. This reminds me of why i need to listen to more of their earlier work.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Vlad, Son of the Dragon - 7/10

- I liked it. One of the better songs on this playlist imo.

Bewitched - Dragonflight - 7.5/10
- Never heard of these guys. A pretty strong track but got a little tedious towards the end(3:15-4:00).

Dream Evil - Chasing the Dragon 5/10
- Just not my cup of tea.

Dark Millennium - Beyond the Dragon's Eye - 6.5/10
- Killer track, but those vox ... :(

Saint Vitus - Dragon Time - 7/10
- about a minute or two longer than it should have been, but an otherwise solid track from these legends.

The Wizards - Dragon Slayers 0/10
- :lol: I cant give any points to it, but i will give some bro points to Baroque and whoever turned it in for the good laugh.

Crimson Glory - Where Dragons Rule - 7.5/10
- One of the best tracks from this list so far. Midnight's vocals can get annoying at times though.

Heir Apparent - Dragon's Lair 6/10
- Pretty good solo towards the end, but an otherwise forgettable track with some annoying guitar work scattered throughout.

Nocternity - Valyrian Steel (Blood of the Dragon) - 7/10
- Very hard to rate a song like this after listening to it just once. I liked it, and it definitely seems like a grower.

Therion - Ho Drakon Ho Megas - 2.5/10

- get this shit out of my face.

Maveth - Dragon of the Continuum - 8/10
- Furious, filthy Finnish death metal. My face just got pummeled to dust.

Helcaraxe - Red Dragon - 5.5/10
- I like some of their songs, but this is just way too long... and their vocalist is meh. And I agree with Eternal, this is just a bit too disjointed.

Last edited:
Earth - There is a Serpent Coming

Fucking love this as an intro to the playlist. I also am a huge fan of this album, and the band, so there's that. Really droning and foretelling in a way for things to come, but it might not actually be about a serpent coming. I think it's about a train? Fuck it. Good intro track.

Omen - Dragon's Breath

Really sweet vocals, I like when he does that weird yelping thing and there's just a certain desperation to the whole thing that epitomized the need to fight a scaly beast. I almost wanted to kill dragons listening to this song. I fucking love dragons. I had a dream I banged a dragon once, and this made me want to kill it instead.

Tyrant - Take it to the Dragon

Very, very badass, right up my alley. Fucking take it to the dragon, bitch. Take what? The artifact? The maiden? Take a punch right to the 'dragon'? I don't know, but this was just excellent. I loved the constant alternation, the message, and the inside joke with myself about 'taking it to the dragon'. I'm using that line next time I threaten someone.

Amon Amarth - The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves

It was an alright track that certainly was about dragons, so like, yeah. Dragon stuff. Too bad it was really boring, and you're kind of an asshole for showcasing a shitty song by Amon Amarth to a forum of folks who probably already hate them. Way to regress the cause, asshole.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Vlad, Son of Dragon

A lot better than I expected, but still not something I particularly enjoyed. There were some cool parts but there was mainly the shit I don't like about them and all their kind. It was a cool choice to go for the Tepes Dragon crest versus the idea of 'a dragon', so points for originality.

Bewitched - Dragonflight

Definitely got the idea of a dragon flying right off the bat, and that theme is continued VERY successfully. It's a gallopy track that has a lot of motion, although more variation would have brought this up in the ranks. I get it, dude. Dragonflight. Good job. It's fucking flying. Still.

Dream Evil - Chasing the Dragon

Like a throwback to epic children's cartoons, and for that I fucking love it. I can imagine this as a theme song to some d&d animation, it just really captures the whole adventure aspect well. The lyrics were various and nerdy. This is a good contribution. I really enjoyed its glittery, innocent outro.

Dark Millennium - Beyond the Dragon's Eye

Fuck. Yes. The guitar work here was very wilderness-driven, just everything about it was perfectly savage, perfectly dragon. Savage in its viciousness at times, and savage in its druid atmosphere. Best track so far. It's also reminescent of the best chiptunes, reminded me of so many excellent dragon fights from games in the faraway past. Another album I definitely need to examine closely and enthusiastically.

Saint Vitus - Dragon Time

Dude that's just not even fair.

The Wizards - Dragon Slayers

....really? Ok, I'll try not to hold a grudge over an entirely fucking metal playlist being punctuated by low grade rap. I don't have much to say about it honestly. It's okay.

Crimson Glory - Where Dragons Rule

Lol. Crimson Glory is the shit, they always put a smile on my face. Great track, stands out from the rest as they usually do in a random playlist.

Dragon's Lair - Heir Apparent

I totally hated this. Maybe it's when I'm listening to it, idk. But it just bored the hell out of me. It's not as bad as a dude farting repeatedly amidst a chorus of 'DRAGONS. DRAGONS. DRAGONS.' So I won't give it a zero.

Nocternity - Valyrian Steel (Blood of the Dragon)

This was alright. Didn't really find it to be anything spectacular, it's just black metal trying to be black metal. Also questionable if this is even about dragons, or just about the dude on the album cover and his fancy sword.

Therion - Ho Drakon Ho Megas

This was terribly simplistic and trying too hard. It could have been cool if instead of a pure synthfest it actually had some filthy guitars and crush drums. Far too shiny.

Maveth - Dragon of the Continuum

I think he said something about being in my dragon's stomach. Fucking triggered. It is a nice brutal track though, if not a bit monodimensional.

Helcaraxe - Red Dragon

Really liked the intro, reminescent of fields. But as with Therion I quickly realized its simplicity and trying-too-hardness. Really boring on top of it, and the vocals get kind of faggy at certain points.

I just went back to the page with the playlist on it and saw a post by CIG saying he did submit a track so maybe it was the Nocternity. If so, it looks like he might win again as it's been getting high scores across the board!

My guess is that he chose the hip hop track from The Wizards. I cant imagine anyone else choosing this but him. As for Nocternity, I could see a couple people here choosing it, probably Omni though I think.

Maybe I was harsh on the Amon Amarth. It is pretty dragony in spirit even if it's about boat-dragons. I didn't even realize it wasn't about literal dragons until Necros pointed it out.

Well, I was considering going with Einherjer - Dragons of the North until I realized that the Norsemen were the metaphorical dragons of the song. Still should've done it. Hell, I would have been better off doing a song title search on Metal-archives for "Dragon" and selecting the first song that I could find on Youtube.

Earth - There is a Serpent Coming
This is okay. I really have to be in the mood to listen to this album, and right now I'm not. I want to hear more fun stuff. 4/10

Omen - Dragon's Breath

I liked this a lot. i want to hear more from this band! 7/10

Tyrant - Take it to the Dragon
This really grew on me. The vocals sounded funny to me at first, but I got it after awhile. I really like the chorus! 8/10

Amon Amarth - The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves

I didn't get the Amon Amarth hype when I was 15 and still don't get it 10 years later. I was never able to really get into them even their old material (though I haven't heard that in a long while); however, this track does nothing for me at all. If I'm going to be completely honest, I think it's boring. 5/10 (matched the theme)

The Black Dahlia Murder - Vlad, Son of the Dragon

There really aren't any dragons here. Also, something about the drums here are annoying. Nope.
2/10

Bewitched - Dragonflight

This had me at their really catchy video game intro. I'm really liking the vocals too right now. This is awesome. This is honestly though a little too long and I'm waiting for them to do something else. 7/10

Dream Evil - Chasing the Dragon
I feel like a pokemon master. Idk, it's not terrible but I'd never feel like listening to this. It doesn't do anything for me , and this is the type of corny that I really just can't... 4/10 (because it matched the theme)

Dark Millennium - Beyond the Dragon's Eye

This track does a lot of interesting things, musically. I'm not sure really what to say. I almost feel like I need to listen to it again. My initial rating is 6/10 though. Also, I didn't really get much dragon from this one. Maybe I missed something or zoned out a bit.

Saint Vitus - Dragon Time: 9/10!

This is awesome. I feel like I'm on the most awesome dragoncoaster right now. I really love the main riff. Shit.

The Wizards - Purple Magic Dragon Slayers

Lol. Ok, get it dragons! 1/10

Crimson Glory - Where Dragons Rule
Love me some Crimson Glory. His vocals are awesome. This is the cheese/corniness that I like. 8/10

Dragon's Lair - Heir Apparent

Meh. Kind of indifferent about this 5/10

Nocternity - Valyrian Steel

I don't really get a dragon vibe from this, but yes this rules. Nocternity is awesome and I'm trying to think out of the box with this type of dragon but it's not really working. 7/10

Therion - Ho Drakon Ho Megas

Taking really long to start and I don't like the "bom-bom" thats happening with the drums right now. Jeez... is this over yet?
1/10

Maveth - Dragon of the Continuum

This was Ok I guess... nothing really stood out for me, kind of boring. 5/10

Helcaraxe - Red Dragon

The vocals sound like metalcore and this is boring as fuck. And I'm not getting dragon from here. 3/10

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity

Sigh. I'm annoyed I rushed into that Helcaraxe song, has me really looking thru my shit to see what I could have picked.. I blame basar North America and their rotten free cd's.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom

Sigh. I'm annoyed I rushed into that Helcaraxe song, has me really looking thru my shit to see what I could have picked.. I blame basar North America and their rotten free cd's.

From now on, do the opposite of what your instincts tell you.