Themed Mixtape Game

I've been wondering why you still come here at all anymore tbh. You mope around the forum like you hate everything and everyone.

I do hate most people irl but I hide it well to other people. I don't post every day anymore because this forum is nothing but a traditional/doom metal circle jerk now. No one likes thrash (except Baroque and Dak) or death metal anymore.

Dak is the only person here who actually has a taste remotely similar to mine (that's read 'superior to anyone else here'). We agree on about 85% of shit we ask each other about regarding recs.

When no one took me seriously as a mod, it took it out of me. You all are jerks.

Last edited:
When no one took me seriously as a mod, it took it out of me.
I noticed. But really modding this forum should just be deleting spam and moving threads and telling cunts to shut the hell up every now and again, and then deleting their shit if they keep being tards. I dunno what else you were expecting.

People rarely seem to post in genre megathreads here in general aside from the dedicated group of people posting in the one for black metal.

Death metal is kinda dead to me lately. I'll occasionally listen to some old stuff but that's it. Same with thrash and in my time here we've beat the classics and the kvlt to death. I just don't really talk about them much any more. New thrash is usually horrible to me and any more even the best new death metal bands don't do it for me.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
like a normal message board, a steady stream of more specific threads for different topics/bands/releases/whatever rather than discussion being confined to a few 2000 page threads. to be honest the userbase here is so small and fragile nowadays that i probably wouldn't risk changing the format back anymore, but i miss it anyways. felt less stale, and it just satisfies me on some autistic level i suppose (although i guess the autistic thing is compartmentalising everything into as few threads as possible lol)

Voivod - l never had much time for Voivod back when this came out. It wasn't fast enough or brutal enough or engaging in a way that other metal caught me at the time. i've never bothered to get any of their albums or really pay any attention in the years since and, maybe, in this song l can hear how l should now, finally give them some respect. This is cool, kind of a poor man's Coroner. Dunno if i'll invest in the album tho but i'll certainly spin it on youtube. 7/10

Cephalic Carnage - Love the production on this and Merryman's drum's fucking kick all arse. Killer, quick, brutal. 9/10

Immortal - Never seen the appeal in this band. Drums are good, Geetar is wishy-washy nonsense, too much saturation and ill defined crap riffs. 3/10

Bal-Sagoth - Comedy BM, Is this supposed to be serious? There's definitely potential in the music somewhere and some of the vocals are ok. Way too much keyboard tho, This has some almost brutal riffage and then pompous elements, Reminds me of Dethklok in places (or vice-versa) 5/10

Lust - Basic no frills HM with way too loudly produced vocals and not enough geetar (especially lead) in the mix. Cool enough tho 6/10

Fueled By Fire - Too many bands just like this exist in thrash but they do have a particular knack at combining some of the better traits of good thrash songwriting. Nothing special or especially original. l do dig the vocals a lot. He does a good young man angst pitch. Killer geetars too. 8/10

Megadeth - haha years ago l used to troll the Andy Sneap board and tell them how much Megadeth sucks. They hated me. hahahahah l have this album and at the time l creamed my pants at Friedmans leads. And that was it. The only thing, minus a few decent riffs on this album is Friedman. Mustaine sounds about 11 and the drums and bass sound sooo pissweak thin it's a joke. (10/10 for the leads) 6/10 for the tune

Division Speed - Sounds like genuine European thrash at it's ferocious best. This rules. Love the china, and riffs are potent as hell. l think l will have to seek out more 9/10

Manilla Road - Starts ok..very good drum sound...more defined riffs/lead tone would please me more but this is pretty cool. That riff and drum beat at 2:50 slays. Yeah ok...l quite like this. lve dissed this band's earlier stuff before but l can totally dig this. Although that country bass riff goes on for far too long..and then......acoustic..marching drums...waves(???)... the song should have ended at 6:10. 7/10

Midnight - Filthy, loud mouthed HM from the gutter. Motorhead on more speed than Motorhead. Quite the sound. 7/10

Altered State - HM/PowerMetal done good. These guys have great potential. Get a good producer behind them and they'd rule 7/10

Demolition Hammer - l remember not giving this band a chance when Tortured Existence came out. It was after soo many killer Dm releases, a thrashy album like this didn't stand a chance. And it was touted more as thrash but l reckon there's a good dose of DM in this release. Wish l have this on vinyl but l have to put up with a shitty cd. 8/10

Einherjer - This sounds stiff and a bit forced. Not cold and dank as i'm sure they were aiming for.. dunno..a bit too tame 4/10

cool list folks, enjoyed this as always

Voivod - Tornado - 6
could use better production and tone and less cling clang

Cephalic Carnage - The Isle of California - 7
pretty hardcore

Immortal - Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss - 9
fast but melodic. ice cold and grim as fuck

Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant - 3
annoying horns, silly talking/whispering

Lust - Smoke on the Hills - 4
wtf is he holding his nose while he sings

Fueled by Fire - Catastrophe - 8
oh shit

Megadeth - Tornado of Souls - 5
great guitar playing but this is more of a boohoo life sucks song. barely even talks about the tornado.

Division Speed - Freezing Cold - 6
riffs too happy

Manilla Road - The Deluge - 5
snore. saved by the guitar solo

Midnight - Destroy Tsunami's Power - 4
noisy

Altered State - Winter Warlock - 7
quite good

Demolition Hammer - Cataclysm - 10
fuck yea

Einherjer - Fimbul Winter - 2
just a bad composition