Themed Mixtape Game

Demolition Hammer Cataclysm 83 @arg
Chugs along nicely and aggressive as fuck. I dig these guyz. 8/10.

Voivod Tornado 80.5 @HamburgerBoy
Raging tune that actually sounds chaotic like a tornado. 9/10.

Immortal Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss 72 @Phylactery
Great song, but does better in the context of the album. Not really on theme. 7/10.

Division Speed Freezing Cold 68 @CASSETTEISGOD
Who the fuck told this band they could be so good? Ugh, whatever. Thematically impotent tho. 8/10.

Tied with:

Midnight Destroy Tsunamis Power 68 @Master_Yoda77
Fun, simple, forceful tune. 7/10.

Alerted State Winter Warlock 65.5 @mutantllama
So this was all kinds of bad in the beginning. There was a marginal improvement. 5/10.

Fueled by Fire Catastrophe 64 @Baroque
I dunno it packs a punch and all but feels a bit too predictable. Not bad though. 6/10.

Manilla Road The Deluge 63 @Elric of Melniboné
There's a guitar solo. Not for me thanks. 4/10.

Bal-Sagoth Atlantis Ascendant 56.5 @Vegard Pompey
I dunno, a little too trebly? These guys are a bit too over the top, even for me. Still, I do enjoy listening to them. 6/10.

Lust Smoke on the Hills 53.5 @no country for old wainds
This is fucking awesome. There's a cathchiness that I welcome. Great musicianship. 8/10.

Cephalic Carnage The Isle of California 51 @Sirjack
That shit was tight and intense and most def on theme. 8/10.

Einherjer Fimbul Winter 50.5 @Serjeant Grumbles
What a groovy little tune. Nice contrast with them cleans. 7/10.

Megadeth Tornado of Souls 43 @The Ozzman
I don't know why y'all are giving this song a hard time for being off theme. Seems to me there are other tracks here which are way more off the mark. Anyhoo, cool tune. 7/10.

OK everybody, you've chosen arg as your winner. Da fuck is wrong with ya'll???

i came here to do this now but i was too late again sry, had a friend over all weekend. i thought voivod would win as well but i like all of the top 3 very much so probably wouldn't have changed anything.

yep specifically Christianity and related aspects of it, not other religions or religion in general, can be for or against or indifferent, etc

You spoiled it. That song can't be used now.

In any case, I've been listening to black metal all month, so I decided to take a different direction for my submission.

46214699.jpg

Just submitted mine. Before any whiny bitches complain about spite ratings, I'll say up-front that I'm going to try and be a little thematically strict on this one since it's so easy to pick songs that are tangentially about Christianity in some form, so I'll award full points only to songs that are explicitly about the Bible's contents, or Christianity's early history, philosophy, or introspection. Songs that are generically anti-religious (or pro-religious although that's not going to be as common) or more about the Crusades from a cultural POV or similar, will be downvoted a little or a lot depending on various factors.

Reactions: CiG