Themed Mixtape Game

I can't believe the poor ratings for my Cultes des Ghoules pick! I've been listening to it with your ratings in mind to see if I'm overrating it, but nah, you all just suck :p. It's a solid 7.5/8 out of 10 in my book. Besides, you can hardly get more on theme than a song about the school of dark arts itself!

Mayhem should have definitely won, though. Obvious as it is, we've not had the band picked before (I refuse to acknowledge the shitty song that @Satanstoenail once submitted as a real Mayhem track.) I'll blame all the philistines that don't like black metal for it not winning.

Did anyone downvote Mayhem for being black metal? I think most people that rated it lower did so for obviousness.

Reactions: CiG
Baroque gave it a 3 something.

It's also no more obvious or less classic than Morbid Angel, which scored half a point higher because of the bias against black metal on this forum.

(I refuse to acknowledge the shitty song that @Satanstoenail once submitted as a real Mayhem track.)
Well that's just silly.

bias against black metal on this forum
Black Metal used to be the most popular genre on here at one point. There's still loads of Black Metal fans on here as far as I know. It just doesn't generally do well on this game.

Baroque gave it a 3 something.

It's also no more obvious or less classic than Morbid Angel, which scored half a point higher because of the bias against black metal on this forum.

Death metal definitely needs to be taken down a notch.

Praise trad
Praise thrash

I couldn't list every single one off the top of my head, but I know them all. I could definitely recognize if it's a theme that's been done before.

Last edited:
None of those things.

The themes that haven't been done include gore, death, angst, Tolkien, Poe, Robert E. Howard, vampirism, lycanthropy, bereavement, solitude, desolation, murder, rape, torture, hatred, misanthropy, body horror, food, time, reminiscence, America, BDSM, sodomy, butts, mythological creatures, exhaustion, mistakes, childhood, motherhood, fatherhood, sports, horses, motorcycles, sea creatures, and toilet humor.

Last edited: