Themed Mixtape Game

Heh, yeah I thought you picked Obliveon for sure

nope, i was just rating that round.

yeah come on @Baroque
give us a gem. so far subs have been pretty weak ;)

bitch, did you just call me submission weak?
old-lady-falcon-punch-o.gif

Reactions: CiG
fa4ae4daed4c7138c5c5d044503257de.jpg

FIRE!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI3HwuzXiEnPU4Vx2Qr8znHZmXjlPkWdG

HELL - PLAGUE AND FYRE
OGRE - WOMAN ON FIRE
DEEP PURPLE - BURN
FLAMES OF HELL - FIRE AND STEEL
ATHEIST - FIRE
IMMOLATION - CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW
DARK ANGEL - PERISH IN FLAMES
DEATHHAMMER - SEDUCED BY THE FLAMES
BRUCE DICKINSON - THE ALCHEMIST
BATHORY - ENTER THE ETERNAL FIRE
SAVAGE GRACE - INTO THE FIRE
POSSESSED - BURNING IN HELL
EXMORTUS - IN HATRED'S FLAME

Last edited:
HELL - PLAGUE AND FYRE 8/10

The older recordings are definitely better, but the new vocalist does a great job and this is still wickedly cool.

OGRE - WOMAN ON FIRE 8/10

Man, I fucking love Ogre. There isn't a whole lot that is "new" or "original" when it comes to their sound, but there is something just so definable when you hear Ed's weird vocals and Will's guitar work. Seven Hells is my least favorite Ogre album probably, but this still rules.

DEEP PURPLE - BURN 9.5/10

Blackmore, Lord, Hughes, Paice, and Coverdale made some of Purple's best music as far as I'm concerned. This and "Mistreated" are masterpieces.

FLAMES OF HELL - FIRE AND STEEL 5/10

How the fuck did I know this was going to be on this list? One of those hyper cult bands that I don't think I know of anybody actually listening to them because their records sell for more than a house in Cleveland. Pretty fucking raw and chaotic, and also super monotonous for being 7 minutes long. Ugh, do something that isn't a huge wall of noise.

ATHEIST - FIRE 4/10

A clusterfuck of riffs and wanky bullshit that Baroque and HBB are going to give high praise for. What a fucking mess, but I guess that's the point of the concept, right? Fuck that, though.

IMMOLATION - CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW 8/10

Honestly, this is probably my least favorite Immolation album from their classic period, but god damn does this fucking destroy. "Into Everlasting Fire" would have been the better choice though TBH. I love how this song progresses.

DARK ANGEL - PERISH IN FLAMES 7.5/10

Holy shit, I'm actually really liking this and I usually find thrash boring as fuck. This is my kind of shit though. Fast, sloppy, few technical wankery bullshit parts

DEATHHAMMER - SEDUCED BY THE FLAMES 8/10

Probably even more my speed compared to that Dark Angel song. This just drips old school thrash with a pinch of 1st wave black metal ala Bathory. Fuck yeah.

BRUCE DICKINSON - THE ALCHEMIST 7/10

Haven't we already had this one on here? Pretty cool stuff, but like most of Maiden's stuff since the 90s, too fucking long.

BATHORY - ENTER THE ETERNAL FIRE 10/10

I can just see the fucks downrating this for being "too obvious" and other dumb shit. This is black metal perfection and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it.

SAVAGE GRACE - INTO THE FIRE 9/10

One of those bands I really need to fucking get into. Holy shit, this fucking rips. And I love that snare sound.

POSSESSED - BURNING IN HELL 8.5/10

Definitely a fucking classic all around and Larry LaLonde's guitars are fucking crazy sounding.

EXMORTUS - IN HATRED'S FLAME 5.5/10

Can we stop putting this band on every fucking list? It's getting boring. IDK if it's the youtube compression or if the album really sounds like this, but this sounds way too thin and computer/clicky sounding. It also has too many metalcore riffs surrounded by really stupid dweedley-dee runs that serve no point. At least the main riff is kinda cool and it's short.

HELL - PLAGUE AND FYRE 7/10 After hearing the intro I thought this was going to go a different route, turned out to be pretty cool, good way to start the list

OGRE - WOMAN ON FIRE 5.5/10 This just isn't for me. Picked up a little toward the end, bumped up the score a little.

DEEP PURPLE - BURN 7/10 Not much to say it's Deep Purple

FLAMES OF HELL - FIRE AND STEEL 5/10 Wanted to like this one a little more, the music's not bad, couldn't get into the vocals. Runs a little long.

ATHEIST - FIRE 9/10 Big fan of these guys and this album, not one of my favorite tracks but awesome anyways.

IMMOLATION - CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW 8/10 I'm only really familiar with these guys first album so yeah, definitely need to check out more of their stuff. 8 minutes well spent!

DARK ANGEL - PERISH IN FLAMES 10/10 Fuck yes! Classic!

DEATHHAMMER - SEDUCED BY THE FLAMES 8.5/10 Never heard of these guys, but this was awesome. Will look more into them.

BRUCE DICKINSON - THE ALCHEMIST 8/10 Give or take on Bruce's solo stuff, but this is pretty good.

BATHORY - ENTER THE ETERNAL FIRE 7/10 Was never a Bathory fan. But based solely on the song, not bad. Fits the theme

SAVAGE GRACE - INTO THE FIRE 8.5/10 Awesome stuff!

POSSESSED - BURNING IN HELL 10/10 Fuck yes! Classic!

EXMORTUS - IN HATRED'S FLAME 8/10 Heard of these guys but never checked them out. Pretty good, will have to listen to more of their stuff , good way to close this out.

Overall pretty decent playlist. Didn't think anything sucked too bad and found some new stuff to check out.

Last edited: