Themed Mixtape Game

I don't know what to think about it, but I watched an interview where he said that GG Allin is cool and so on, but he is even worse than him so I guess he actually patterns himself upon Allin. He's also a sick and unpredictable person. Nonetheless, he's also interesting.

There's more than one kind of preference in the world. Do you give every radio bro metal band a fair chance and thorough listen before dismissing them, or do you use a filter to immediately ignore bands that use MTV airtime, large marketing campaigns, etc?

If I saw a band plastered on billboards, I would immediately assume they're not worth my time. Similar thing of artists famous for their musical illness. Very few worthwhile artists that killed themselves.

you are literally the last person in the entire world i would use as an indicator of wider opinion lol. i'm just saying if anything the mental problems/suicide/whatever of band members makes bands more popular, not less. especially in black metal communities where that's sometimes the sole calling card. if said mental illness manifests as aggressively kissing dudes on stage then ok yeah this probably no longer applies

Discovered this song by coincidence today, wish I could travel back in time and sneak it into the mixtape. So good

Reactions: CiG
That In Solitude album is so awesome. Every time a younger band releases something I really love, they break up.

you are literally the last person in the entire world i would use as an indicator of wider opinion lol. i'm just saying if anything the mental problems/suicide/whatever of band members makes bands more popular, not less. especially in black metal communities where that's sometimes the sole calling card. if said mental illness manifests as aggressively kissing dudes on stage then ok yeah this probably no longer applies

No shit, and that's basically what I said. Mental illness causes notoriety which causes an artist to become well-known for their illness first and their music second. That causes them to become overrated by many. At the same time, some people realize that fame for illness is often a sign of marginal musical merit, and therefore dismiss such artists. The GG Allen example given earlier makes that obvious; no one would know or care about the guy if he wasn't crazy. At the same time, there are a ton of people that know GG Allen the man but hardly if at all know his music, because they assume it's crap on the basis of it not being what he's famous for.

Shining - Neka morgondagen
8.5/10

Burial - Abhorrence Within

7/10

Aftermath - Being

7.5/10

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - 20th Century Wretch
7.5/10

The Chasm - A Portal to Nowhere
8.5/10

Sadus - Throwing Away the Day

6.5/10

Torchure - Resort to Mortality
8/10

Moral Decay - This God
8.5/10

Type O Negative - Anesthesia

8/10

Merciless - Dying World

8/10

Mourning Beloveth - Nothing Has a Centre
9/10

Reactions: CiG
Old wainds seems to wait as often as EspaDa does tbh. How do we know he hasn't been a Polish janitor this whole time?

i wait as often but i don't outright fail to rate as often!

that said, i probably won't do this one unless it's still open next week as i'm gonna be on vacation in budapest the next few days

I'll try and do this over the weekend but if I've not done it by Sunday night I probably won't be doing it. It's the start of a new school year so I've got so much work to do!

I've given the tracks I'm unfamiliar with a preliminary listen and have an idea for my ratings.