Themed Mixtape Game

The Chasm - Eternal Cycle of Delusion 9/10 I like these guys every time I hear them, in-crowd or not. This is even better than I remembered. Also lol if I started this endless "in-crowd" shit storm around here with a passing comment.

Eulogy - Consecration of Fools 7/10 Average for this style

The Krixhjälters - Mulling Over Anaesthesia 7.5/10 Checked these guys out once before. The high points are good but overall not much to sink your teeth into

Deceased - Morbid Shape in Black 7/10 Fairly solid album, not the best song on it

Addictive - Echoes Of The Mind 8/10 Woah what's with all the thrash/death for a change, liking it. Didn't know this one. Check out their other album covers.

Fates Warning - The Arena 6/10 Decent musicians, really can't stand the voice

Exmortus - Metal Is King 10/10

Aborym - III 4/10 this is a mess. i respect it, but can't get into it.

Thin Lizzy - Waiting For An Alibi 0/10 not metal

Despair - Delusion 8/10 This was my backup but it's not their best song and it's too obvious to use the theme directly in the title

Atrox - Mental Nomads 9/10 Interesting melodies here. +1 for creativity

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation 6/10 The music almost sounds like a bad MIDI file. Once the vocals start it's more interesting, some parts lag tho

Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection 4/10 Seems whiny, too slow, better when it picks up but not enough of that

Holy fuck, I woke up to six sets of ratings, including a no country one. Best day ever? I will join in on the flurry of activity and try to rate this today.

Reactions: CiG
The Chasm - binocular - Perhaps a little too long, but the beginning absolutely smashes.
9.5/10

Eulogy - binocular

Underrated as far as the Florida scene goes. Production is kind of flat, but otherwise the riffs are pretty killer.
7/10

The Krixhjälters - binocular

Has the mid-heavy bass sounds I love so much from the late 80's/early 90's. However, the song either wants to be punky or technical/progressive without doing either seamlessly. 5.5/10

Deceased - binocular - Mediocre riffs with shit production over a fairly organic drum sound. What a shame
4/10

Addictive - binocular
T
here's a reason why all these late eighties thrash releases remain obscure...... wait did he just say pussy lips?
6.5/10

Fates Warning - binocular
I haven't really delved much into Fates Warning past Awaken the Guardian as I've never found much prog-metal very interesting. The vocalist here really steals the show, but the underlying music doesn't really do much to carry the music to the end.
5/10

Exmortus - binocular
A really lame pastiche of the metal underground. Fuck off with all the gimmicky bullshit that's not Manowar.
2/10

Aborym - binocular

Ewwww. Tacky as hell.
3.5/10

Thin Lizzy - binocular

As always I think a Thin Lizzy song is going to be boring and feel vindicated until I get SMASHED by twin guitar leads.
7.5/10

Despair - binocular
There's that punctuated bass sound again, but this time it's complemented with some riffs and a balanced mix. The vocalist has a much better range than the initial verse seemed to indicate.
7/10

Atrox - binocular

Wow this sloppy in a way that's not endearing. The vocals are tone deaf in a certain sections and the transitions seem to not really have any driving purpose.
3/10

Eucharist - binocular

File under melodic death metal that's actually good. Absolutely love Eucharist!
9.5/10

Crimson Glory - binocular

Always considered this be to be a toss away on the S/T
5/10

Last edited:

.... damn, she's fine.

That's the type of beautiful fanbase you get when you prance around in cowskin thongs and have band photos like this...
Manowar1984Poster-1.jpg

... maximum level of poserdom.

I don't think anything about most Exmortus fans tbh.

How you can like that Exmortus song and hate Manowar is beyond me. It is a Manowar song dressed up in some "fancy" melo-death rags.

I don't think anything about most Exmortus fans tbh.

How you can like that Exmortus song and hate Manowar is beyond me. It is a Manowar song dressed up in some "fancy" melo-death rags.

It doesn't sound anything like Manowar tbh. More like Helstar or something.

Manowar in rags = Viking era Bathory