Themed Mixtape Game

TBDM didn't belong because of theme rather than genre which is obviously a different thing.

Fuck man, have you not realized that i have responded to this statement numerous times already(including my last post)? Do i need to break this shit down for you again? And im not pretending anything, she clearly got pissed off when i said that track didnt belong here, like it was some sort of personal attack on her or something. And I'm pretty sure you were dying to throw your 2 cents in(especially after everything calmed down), which you now have ... so please move along now.

Gehennah - 8/10 there's def a place in my heart for this sort of carefree yet balls to the wall thrash. Pretty damn good for 1995 thrash I gotta say. This is one of the few bands I agree with The Butt on.

ZZ Top - 6/10 My parents were big ZZ Top fans, so I'm very familiar with their sound. Not really their best song but it fits the theme for sure.

Kawir - 5/10 lol wtf are these vocals. I'm down with the 'hail bacchus' message for the most part tho.

Tankard - 8/10 Solid energetic thrash song about beer. Could use some changes but it's short/fast enough that it doesn't hurt the song. Lyrics are pretty funny. These guys are better than I'd thought in the past, or at least have their moments.

Thin Lizzy - 3/10 :/ This is basically a "The Boys are Back in Town" rip off, but slower and less catchy lyrics. Self plagiarism at its worst

Brocas Helm - 7/10 Good energy. Too short. I'd like to hear the finished version of this demo song if it exists.

Alestorm - 5/10 Too wordy for the type of sing-along drinking song they're going for. Boring guitar parts. Honestly sounds like the disney channel's pirate band. If you have kids you know what I'm talking about (Jake and the Neverland Pirates band).

Faustcoven - 6/10 Anyone as depressed as these dudes should Not be drinking lol. It's cool in an atmospheric kind of way I guess.

Sarcofago - 5/10 Eh, it's about 3 mins too long and never really established itself in my mind.

Iron Void - 4/10 Ugh. Opening riff is immediately repulsively shitty. The lead guitar isn't terrible but they seriously need a new rhythm guitarist and drummer.

Cross Examination - 9/10 I like this vocalist. I can't really explain why. He just doesn't give a fuck like, even moreso than Punk vocalists, it's badass. I know TB submitted this for a fact lol. Plenty of changes and great energy. This is my favorite track on the list so far. I'll just ignore the weird last minute or so.

Black Flag - 5/10 Sorry but Crossover > Punk, this song included. If it weren't right after Cross Examination I might rate it higher. Repetitive, and it has that whole 'punk i can't play guitar for shit and dont care so heres some random notes' thing.

Barbatos - 7/10 I dig it. That fucking album cover.

Acid Bath - 4/10 Meh. Half the song sounds like Nu Metal.

Candlemass - 8/10 Fuck, this dude has some pipes. Definitely classically trained. I like how his melodic voice contrasts with the slow heavy guitars. I didn't like the other Candlemass album I bought, but I'll check this one out now. (It would be 9/10 but I'm not feeling "alcohol" from this). "Like"

Metallica - 8/10 I still like this song. F the haters. This sounds slightly different from the original album version? Remixed maybe?

Saint Vitus - 7/10 Far from the best SV tracks I've heard. Still has a decent old Sabbath feel.

Nice short songs this time (mostly) and fun theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Acid Bath does have a proto-nu metal sound to them tbh. It's the fusion of grunge and groove metal with shittons of lyrical angst.

Reactions: Baroque
Candlemass - 8/10 Fuck, this dude has some pipes. Definitely classically trained. I like how his melodic voice contrasts with the slow heavy guitars. I didn't like the other Candlemass album I bought, but I'll check this one out now. (It would be 9/10 but I'm not feeling "alcohol" from this). "Like"

what was the other one you got out of interest? the best album with messiah on vocals is NIGHTFALL imo.

1. Gehennah - 7.5/10 - Great attitude here, just a no nonsense drinking song with a raw tone.
2. ZZ Top - 6/10 - Never been too much of ZZ Top fan, but this song is actually pretty rockin.
3. Kawir - 7/10 - Props to the Greek God reference on this one, the music aint bad either.
4. Tankard - 5/10 - Straightforward party thrash. I could easily get annihilated to this and mosh.
5. Thin Lizzy - 7.5/10 - Just after I have the desire to get drunk as fuck and mosh, I get this. Belongs later in the playlist. Great harmonies though.
6. Brocas Helm - 7/10 - Drinking and driving, just how I like it. Fun heavy metal here, good drinking music.
7. Alestorm - 3/10 - All my non-metal friends love to blast this while drinking, but ive always hated this lame band.
8. Faustcoven - 9/10 - Nice dark and crushing death metal with a gloomy atmosphere, just like I like it.
9. Sarcofago - 7/10 - This song slays, but it drags on a little.
10. Iron Void - 5/10 - Eh, this was a bit boring and I dont like the singer.
11. Cross Examination - 7.5/10 - Nothing like drinking to crossover thrash about blacking out, great drinking energy here. That sample at the end is stupid though.
12. Black Flag - 8/10 - Nice and clever satirical party song that makes you want to get loaded, fun and concise.
13. Barbatos - 6.5/10 - Never heard this before, but this is pretty cool. Needs some better riffs though.
14. Acid Bath - 7/10 - I have always enjoyed this album, solid track.
15. Candlemass - 8/10 - Great singing, beautifully powerful music, but alcohol? Too deep for me I guess, and I read the lyrics. Had to knock a few points tbh. edit: score amended considering an explanation on how the song fits the theme.
16. Metallica - 2/10 - I barely like Metallica at their best, and this certainly isnt even close to it. If I gave negative points for it being a bad cover, id have to give this a negative score.
17. Saint Vitus - 7.5/10 - The doom of alcoholics. Appropriate final track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
i'm interested in what you think of EPICUS too. generally considered their best album but it's a different (still very good IMO) vocalist.

Samarithan is their best song not on Epicus. Uplifting, positive doom metal needs to happen more often.

Gehennah - Piss off, I'm Drinking
i was one of the 19 people who tried to pick this originally. lives up to its title. 8/10

ZZ Top - Beer Drinkers and Hellraisers

i probably heard this in my dad's car when i was 5 and didn't know what alcohol was. quality chorus. i'm glad you picked this despite the criticism 'cause i'll probably check out more zz top as a result. 8/10

Kawir - Hail Bacchus
extra point for creativity. 8/10

Tankard - Need Money For Beer
need beer for enjoyment 6/10

Thin Lizzy - I've Got to Give it Up
I DONT CONSIDER THIS METLA WAHHH IM NOT PLAYING ANYMORE *takes ball and goes to play with tech barb and guiltyspawn in the sandpit where our vaginas live* 5/10

Brocas Helm - Drink and Drive
brocas helm is an anagram of ale mosh crbdsakfjh. i considered picking this but knew someone else would. demo version with the album version's production would be ideal for me, this goes beyond just 'raw'. 7/10

Alestorm - Drink
very philosophical and introspective, an epic meditation on intangibility. 4/10

Faustcoven - Whisky Demon
wholly serviceable filth. 7/10

Sarcofago - Alcoholic Coma
i love that it's a smirnoff he opens while he's sodomizing that bitch. 7/10

Iron Void - Demon Drink
more like DOOMon drink, am i right 9/10

Cross Examination - Blackout
i liked when at the end the lyrics sheet said "Kill them all x a bunch". ratings for this are baffling to me btw, i even like the sample. 9/10

Black Flag - Six Pack
not one of my favourite black flag songs nor one of my favourite h/c punk bands. that one riff is p good. 5/10

Barbatos - Satanik Beer
this reminds me that one of my backup picks was bulldozer's 'another beer' (along with samhain 'blind drunk'). it's better than this. 6/10

Acid Bath - Cheap Vodka
maybe i'd like it more with a better youtube. 6/10

Candlemass - Epistle No. 81
sup vilden. definitely an extra point for creativity here (i just researched the association). 9/10

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jarooohaah
fond memories of occasionally getting the chance to watch uncensored kerrang after the watershed. 4/10

Saint Vitus - Dying Inside
if people keep picking vitus every fucking round i might start downrating lol. then again, i'd be complaining even more if someone hadn't picked this, so maybe i won't. 9/10

Candlemass - Epistle No. 81
sup vilden. definitely an extra point for creativity here (i just researched the association). 9/10

Yea, apparently the song is in reference to a series of poems and songs from an 18th century author from Sweden, where the central character is an alcoholic. I didnt look that deeply into it, but im not sure that Epistle No. 81 focuses on drinking issues, since it seems to be more about the death and burial of a loved one?