Themed Mixtape Game

I don't see why 15 is a magic number, why not 16 or 17? That's what we've had in the past. Why leave some people out of the game?

See the first post of the thread:
Stole this idea from another forum. Every week or so shall be a theme. If you wanna play, send a song to the game master which satisfies that theme. However you see fit. There is limit of 15 contestants per game, first to message get dibs.

15 should be more than enough, especially if there are people who picked any of the 8+ minute songs that I originally considered using. It isnt about leaving people out of the game, it's just limiting it so that we dont have to sit through hours of music just to rate and play. I think Yoda allowed a few extras last time because there were a lot of short songs in the mix.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I think the decision on adding one or two extra songs would be on the host. That said, imposing a limit is a good idea and not an arbitrary thing meant to exclude people. It's a game. If you miss out this time, you can try again next time.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I didn't think this thread would be so massively popular. I'd say that yeah, keep the limit as a courtesy to current players. But if there's someone who consistently doesn't submit their song in time, feel free to bitch openly, and a spot is reserved for them next round. I think that's fair.

Just edited original post to include that line. I have declareth it law of Themed Mixtape Game.

I think the decision on adding one or two extra songs would be on the host.

I agree with this, if I'm hosting, I'll allow more than 15 (like before). If the game continued to grow to say 20 or 25 players and we're still limiting it to 15, it'd be a bit annoying. We can't all just sit here all day refreshing until the theme is posted

yea the first 15 should be guaranteed then it's up to the host if a few additional songs are worth including

i have no life outside of work, hookers and drinking so ive got time

unless it's Saint Vitus which should be an automatic "sorry bro, full" no matter when it's submitted

i get if you want a longer time for the actual listening/rating part, but does it really take that long to pick a song?

well it doesn't. I haven't had my laptop the entire week just the schools laptop so haven't had the opportunity to really look at my music library. I just got home so I'll send a choice soon

So I decided to sit through that entire Within Temptation song that arg posted. It's pretty awful, but I'm not sure if it's quite as offensive as that Alestorm song.

Unfortunately it's not available in my country. Otherwise my masochistic tendencies would probably win over the survival instinct. I've heard some Within Temptation in the past.

EDIT:

the question is, will she Accept your cock in her?

I remember there was some poster on here who'd only talk about Accept and he always wrote the name of the band in upper case to stress out his devotion to it. Since then whenever I see Accept it bothers me that it's not ACCEPT as it should be.

So the question is really, will she ACCEPT your cock?