Themed Mixtape Game

1) Anything I recommend is going to be immediately outed by people because it'll be shit like Devildriver

There are other players who pick really questionable shit too like arg and Baroque and maybe me if the right theme comes along. And that's fine. It's fun to see people's responses to music that's obviously out of their comfort zone. So bring on the DevilDriver.

So is the theme going to be immortality as suggested as a possibility before? I've got a pick for that already.

Yeah I don't really care about winning, already won once anyway. So I just submit the songs I actually want to submit. Maybe that song wasn't the best choice for the metal mixtape but who cares? I like it and thought it'd be fun to see what others think. I actually don't like most Ayreon. That song though is about a ship's crew waking up from cryogenic slumber as they drift into a star. Very cool sci fi movie stuff.

Glad to see I win again with another doom metal piece. I don't think I'm going to go with immortality this time around. I have a better concept to choose from but I want to wait and see if anything else comes along. I'll post something after dinner.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
This theme has definitely taught me what a fan boy I am. I could have sworn that was actually a decent song but I guess the sentimental value was higher than musical accomplishment.

Well deserved winners for the most part though. Don't feel pressured to let them make you choose something yodaman. You're a superstar, do what you want this time.

Reactions: RedStorm
Glad to see I win again with another doom metal piece. I don't think I'm going to go with immortality this time around. I have a better concept to choose from but I want to wait and see if anything else comes along. I'll post something after dinner.

Sounds good.

Yeah I don't really care about winning, already won once anyway. So I just submit the songs I actually want to submit. Maybe that song wasn't the best choice for the metal mixtape but who cares? I like it and thought it'd be fun to see what others think. I actually don't like most Ayreon. That song though is about a ship's crew waking up from cryogenic slumber as they drift into a star. Very cool sci fi movie stuff.

Its cool man, I do the same. It's clear at this point that classic doom has a huge advantage here, and in many cases I feel like they deserved the win, but id rather people actually pick what they want as opposed to what they thing will win over the majority taste of the community. Though tbh, this mixtape game is making me want to get more into doom; im more of a black and death metal listener and ive never really taken a liking to Sabbath, but I do have and love a couple Saint Vitus albums, and Candlemass and Reverend Bizarre (from earlier picks, I listen to more doom than this) are some of my favorite bands.

Its cool man, I do the same. It's clear at this point that classic doom has a huge advantage here, and in many cases I feel like they deserved the win, but id rather people actually pick what they want as opposed to what they thing will win over the majority taste of the community. Though tbh, this mixtape game is making me want to get more into doom; im more of a black and death metal listener and ive never really taken a liking to Sabbath, but I do have and love a couple Saint Vitus albums, and Candlemass and Reverend Bizarre (from earlier picks, I listen to more doom than this) are some of my favorite bands.
Yeah, i was basically at the same point your at now, a couple months ago. Theres a section of doom that is all "happy, happy, happy" tunes that i don't really like. For me I went for the muddiest, sludgiest shit i could find. Then i stopped being a cunt and listened to it all. Just find what you like, i can send you some shit in a second if you want

Reactions: EternalMetal
I'm a big doom fan but it is kinda gay how many people jerk off to Vitus around here... Meanwhile hardly liking any other similar music. Fucking joke. Buncha followers.