Themed Mixtape Game

Also, this goes out to everyone not just you. I dig you EM, but anybody who doesn't like doom metal is a fagmo.

Oh I dig doom metal, but im just admitting that it is probably my most overlooked metal genre. I take doom-death over doom on most days, and im saying that given how much ive been enjoying the more traditional doom tracks on the playlist, that I should probably even the score a bit.

Made a pick, hopefully I dont have to make a new one.

Wait, what kind of song am i looking for? whats the theme?
Since you're a bit slow, the song needs to be about resurrection, rebirth... Something like that and you need to send your choice as a personal message to Yoda because he won last round.

It's also not the best song on Epicus imo. Still probably a 10/10 though.

Hamburgerboy, instead of naming songs, why don't you try and submit and see if it's taken. Stop ruining the game!

Reactions: RedStorm
It's also not the best song on Epicus imo. Still probably a 10/10 though.

Hamburgerboy, instead of naming songs, why don't you try and submit and see if it's taken. Stop ruining the game!

I don't see how I'm ruining anything. If it's taken, it's taken. Not my fault this forum has obvious preferences for doom metal.

Thinking about it tho, the general theme behind A Sorcerer's Pledge is clearly reincarnation even if it's ultimately a failed/non-existent one so submissions along those lines should count anyways, so I take back being wrong above.

How do you know they are taken? Have you tried to submit them?

I also don't think the preference is obvious. I mean the submissions for doom we have had have been stuff like Vitus, Candlemass, Pagan Altar, Scald. Obvious cornerstones of the genre that happened to fit into certain themes. We've not had that with other genres.

Goddamnit. The sorcerer is NOT reborn and fucking rots.

That must be a different version of the song than the one on the album. In the song, his plan fails because he fails to account for the fact that he will be totally helpless as a baby. The song almost directly states this.

How else do you explain this line?

"Only the cry of a child echoes in the dark."

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I submitted a track. Forgot how it felt to actually play this game! I'm really excited to see the playlist!

I do agree with Hamburgerboy about that Candlemass track, tbh. Sometimes the problem is I don't know what half these tracks are about :lol: This game really forces you to pay attention.

I'm happy with my choice anyways.

Reactions: EternalMetal
A Sorcerer's Pledge is probably about reincarnation yes, but it's also basically cheating because it's too good.

Reincarnation as a theme doesn't necessitate it be a success. It could be someone expecting to be reborn, but just instead rotting. It could be someone being tricked into doing something for the purpose of it and being damned etc.

Reactions: CiG
I submitted a track. Forgot how it felt to actually play this game! I'm really excited to see the playlist!

I do agree with Hamburgerboy about that Candlemass track, tbh. Sometimes the problem is I don't know what half these tracks are about :lol: This game really forces you to pay attention.

Yea, I feel like I need to look a little harder than normal because lyrics are usually secondary in music for me. It's one of the main reasons why I am enjoying this game so much.

Also I think talking about potential submission tracks during the submission time shouldnt be allowed. Just shut up, submit a track, and wait till later to talk about tracks you think should be submitted.

Reactions: Phylactery
That must be a different version of the song than the one on the album. In the song, his plan fails because he fails to account for the fact that he will be totally helpless as a baby. The song directly states this.

My interpretation was that the virgin wasn't a virgin and was pregnant actually, which is why he failed and was never reborn. The child crying was the baby.