Themed Mixtape Game

That interpretation doesn't make sense since that would make the baby that the "virgin" gave birth to 1,000 years old.

My interpretation was that the virgin wasn't a virgin and was pregnant actually, which is why he failed and was never reborn. The child crying was the baby.

But the song is still about rebirth, even if it was a failed experiment. Fits the theme.

There is already going to be a bias towards the track since it was discussed before the entire list was put out. I hate to be a bitch, but id like it if people (or HB) didnt do this again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery
How is there nothing left of him but his fate if he's a baby crying then?

He dies because babies can't survive on their own. This is pretty basic logic.

The song states that 1,000 years pass while he sleeps. The baby that you claim the "virgin" gave birth to would be long dead by then. I'm not sure why we're having a debate over something that is not ambiguous at all.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to debate half the shit you do, but just for fun...

If he's a dead baby there's a corpse left behind, not nothing left of him. If there's nothing left of him he's also not a crying baby. He died 1000 years ago himself and he's completely gone because the prophecy wasn't true.

Reincarnation as a theme doesn't necessitate it be a success. It could be someone expecting to be reborn, but just instead rotting. It could be someone being tricked into doing something for the purpose of it and being damned etc.

This^ obviously.

Who cares whether it worked or not? You could submit a song with lyrics about a debate on the topic of reincarnation and it would be thematically sound.

My interpretation of A Sorcerer's Pledge: The sorcerer fucks up the ritual, maybe by overdosing on virgin blood or something like that, and reverse ages so far that he's literally unborn. The line "backward goes time" comes after the mention of a child crying in the dark, implying that he reverse ages further yet.

My interpretation of A Sorcerer's Pledge: The sorcerer fucks up the ritual, maybe by overdosing on virgin blood or something like that, and reverse ages so far that he's literally unborn. The line "backward goes time" comes after the mention of a child crying in the dark, implying that he reverse ages further yet.

Yes, and he can't stop it because all he can do is cry out for help. Apparently this is too hard to understand though.

It's definitely not about a 1,000 year old baby being born from a fake virgin, which is the only alternative meaning being presented so far.

tbh I never even read into the story as literally as you guys. I thought drinking the blood of a virgin meant just that, no actual coitus required, "reborn" just being a way of saying he'd return. The baby crying would be any child crying over the fear of the legend coming true while being told on mommy's lap or whatever.