things you hate with a passion

Depends which denomination of Christianity you are talking about, while some would argue that he is the main deity of some branches of Christianity, others would argue that his so-called father is. It really depends who you are talking to and what belief they follow.

obviously. in Christian theology the Son of God is God incarnate... second person of the Trinity eternally begotten of the Father.

Yes, that is pretty basic Christianity. The Father is God as is Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Christian theology. They are just diffferent spects of the same whole. Different manifestations if you will.

I wonder how many christians who dont know this and thinks Jesus is just a prophet called the son of god? People really should make an effort to understand their own religion before preaching its word.

Yes, that is pretty basic Christianity. The Father is God as is Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Christian theology. They are just diffferent spects of the same whole. Different manifestations if you will.

I wonder how many christians who dont know this and thinks Jesus is just a prophet called the son of god? People really should make an effort to understand their own religion before preaching its word.

Believing in the divinity of Christ is an extremely important part of Christianity, I doubt many christians think he's just a Prophet... Although there are a lot of stupid people in the world.

Quoth the Bill Bailey:
You get somebody to explain the Trinity to you, they'll say "Well God, he's God, and Jesus is God as well, and the Holy Spirit is...(mumbles indistinctly)". "What?" "He's the fecund spirit of the Lord who impregnates Mary, then gets a bit up himself and is reduced to light clerical duties?" Let's examine that in joke form: three male divine natures go into a cosmic essence, giving and receiving love, but not in a gay bishop way, to which the whole of Islam goes "Wha?"; Hinduism: "Nah!"; or Buddhism: "Ssh!".

Believing in the divinity of Christ is an extremely important part of Christianity, I doubt many christians think he's just a Prophet... Although there are a lot of stupid people in the world.
Not necessarily, at least it wasn't always this way. There was a major movement not long after Christianity was founded called Arianism which claimed that Jesus was not the same as God the Father.

They are just diffferent spects of the same whole. Different manifestations if you will.

actually no... that's Sabellianism/Modalism... Trinitarianism is the Father, Son and Spirit are distinct persons who share one indivisible essence.

On the subject of religion, my dad had a tendon removed recently which was causing him a high amount of arthritic pain and is apparently useless. His thought on the matter is, "Apparently God makes us with spare parts."

Need I say more?