Thoughts on A sense of purpose

no, I meant to say MY.. everybody is allowed to tell MY opinion
Dude..You got it all wrong..It's called In My Opinion (IMO), yes. But when you write it like that it should be their.
Other people don't tell your opinion, they say their opinions, Sigh.
1.''Everybody is allowed to tell their opinion''
2.''Everybody is allowed to tell my opinion''
number 1 or 2?
tip: It's number 1.

no, I do mean no. 2!!
but never mind, let's just drop that and drink a beer...aahhh...nice....
People don't tell YOUR or OUR opinion, they tell THEIR opinion..If you don't get it go jump off a cliff or something similiar.

I been going back to this album all the time now, I love it and am addicted to Sleepless Again and Tilt. Nothing wrong with the new sound, It's got Anders good lyrics as always and a new voice...Love the solos/leads on this one way more then CC even though CC has better production and focus.

When I listen to The Jester Race then ASOP, I wonder what happened. They used to be really good melodeath and turned into melodeath-trying-to-be-metalcore. It sound a lot better than some of the other later stuff they have, though.

When I listen to The Jester Race then ASOP, I wonder what happened. They used to be really good melodeath and turned into melodeath-trying-to-be-metalcore. It sound a lot better than some of the other later stuff they have, though.
Well what happened is that they evolved and progressed. If they would've wanted to continued with doing TJR albums, then they would have done that. Fact is that they don't. It's not weird though with trying new things, some people are not going to like it, but that's just the way life works. That's why they write music for themselves, that they would listen to themselves. They do not write for a certain group of people. They can't please everyone, but they can at least please themselves. And I don't really agree with them being melodeath-trying-to-be-metalcore..they've never followed any fucking gay trends, if anything, they've started ones. Björn kinda recently described it as Aggressive metal with lots of melody, I think that's quite an accurate description of the band.

Anyways, you can think of it this way, if you were a painter, would you want to paint the same picture all the time? I don't think so, I think you would like to paint different things and try different colors while painting.

This is my least likable album for me, but I like it a little more now, and when I'm in the mood for it I'll play it.
I've come to terms with it a bit, the album would be perfect if Anders turned the whining thing to 0, then it would sound more like rough singing, which would be pretty cool.

Wow, this album really does suck. When it came out I listened to one song in agony. Then I didn't even bother to check the rest. Now I'm listening to the songs on youtube. They all sound the same. There's zero creativity. This is a funny example how a metal band tries to cover up the emptiness of an album's creativity with sounds. They've just concentrated on the sounds. This album is their worst effort for sure and anyone who claims different is a In Flames fanboy.

I'm a COB fan tho and luckily enough they seem to be making the best album out there, no need for In Flames.

Wow, this album really does suck. When it came out I listened to one song in agony. Then I didn't even bother to check the rest. Now I'm listening to the songs on youtube. They all sound the same. There's zero creativity. This is a funny example how a metal band tries to cover up the emptiness of an album's creativity with sounds. They've just concentrated on the sounds. This album is their worst effort for sure and anyone who claims different is a In Flames fanboy.

I'm a COB fan tho and luckily enough they seem to be making the best album out there, no need for In Flames.

Agree 100%. Even the songs selected as "singles" are not listenable. I don't know if they were running out of steam or what because there isn't even a single catchy chorus here even if it is quite apparent they are going for their most commercial attempt yet. Every other release has at least ONE song that is catchier than anything here. It is true when you say that anyone who claims different against the worst effort argument is clearly a blinded In Flames fanboy. Sorry to be the second one to state it but it is true. This is not a trolling comment but being a fan of their earlier works I just cannot see In Flames being worth anything anymore. They've slowly gone downhill since R2R and this album is just the bottom of the barrel. With the title of the new release it seems like they've resorted right down to the simple form of algae eaters.

I thought this was actually an OK album when it came out. Probably my least favourite of their albums now, it's very bland and has a severe lack of any real creativity. The songs are catchy, but have very little replay value.

Actually I still think that ASOP is the best album In Flames ever recorded - and I'm not just a fanboy. I was there in the beginning and loved Lunar Strain til Jester Race. Whoracle and Colony I found a bit boring at that time. Clayman again was excellent. RTR and STYE were fresh and modern. Really liked that kind of "new" style. Come clarity had some brilliant songs and ASOP is just catchy, with great rock songs like Alias, March to the shore or the brilliant The Cosen Pessimist.

IMO it's a bit narrow minded to have expectations and hopes in a certain band. Either you like the way a band evolves or not. An example is Oceansize. I loved their first 3 albums. The 4th one I really don't like anymore. But hell, I don't care about it. It's the way they have chosen and I'm not writing their songs.

So calm down if you didn't like ASOP. Maybe they hit u again with the new record. If not, try to find other music.

Was listening to Whoracle and Colony yesterday and just now I finished Come Clarity and now halfway through ASOP. I just cannot stand it after hearing the powerhouse Jotun, Food for the Gods, Gyroscope and Dialogue With The Stars. Really after writing Dialogue With the Stars they'll come back 10 years later and rape our souls with The Chosen Pessimist? Really... the musicianship is absolutely nothing the same. I have such a hard time believing that the same musicians that wrote the incredibly simple intro to The Chosen Pessimist also did Dialogue. Where is the fun? Dialogue sounds like the band was having a blast in the studio and now each track and melody of ASOP sounds like the band is going through some kind of ultimo depresso and are doing their damned best to break through and sell a million records to make themselves happy. No kidding Jesper Stromblad resorted to alcoholism. I would too looking back at our killer discography and then listening to the latest monstrosity.

The older albums are some of my favorite metal albums and always will be. Unfortunately their newest material is some of my least favorite. So I will hang around and discuss the older material with those who want and I will come and express my feelings towards the new material when I am in the mood.