Thoughts on Come Clarity

The Bringer said:
How is the DVD?
Nothing too special, its black and white video overdubbed with the studio recorded version of the songs. Dead End is the best part of the DVD, thanks to the Dancing Mexican.

Theres also a digital photobook on the DVD, and the digipack version comes with a poster.

To anyone with the regular version of the album...what does the sleeve look like? (the poster is the sleeve in the digipack version with lyrics on one side and the cover art on the other).

3 songs stand out, "Crawl Through Knives", "Leeches and "Dead End". The rest are either pretty good or mediocre. "Reflect the Storm" is pretty good, as is "Versus Terminus" and "Vanashing Light". But the fact is although it's better than "Soundtrack" it's still no Clayman or Whoracle, 2 albums could have been made from just 6 songs on either of those. It pains me to say that "Dead End" may have been a more apt title track for this album.

Hell i'll still go and see them, they always play a few oldies.

The Bringer said:
Biosphere is such a kick ass song. I find it very hard to believe that the same writers wrote the new shit. I know it's been said a million times, but I finally agree.
It wasn't really the same writers...wasn't it only 2 of the current 5?

I like the new album.. Im really dissapointed with the DVD though, I was expecting them to actually be playing the songs

It's way better than the last 2 cds. I love this cd alot. I added in the production & comparing of the last 2 cds. If the producton was crap it would of been a 6. The highlights are Anders' clean Vocals are better & the production is way heavier than the past 2 cds.

"9 out of 10"

So you mean it is almost perfect?

I think it's far from perfect.

Remember 5 is average and 10 is absolutely perfect.

I think Jester Race is about an 8

Reroute to Remain is about 2

Come Clarity is about 5. It's average.

Ok well im KINDA impressed, defently better then thier 2 last pos CDs. His singing is getting better, but they should try to get back to their roots more. OR jasper is keeping all the better riffs for Dimension Zero ;) Songs I like and why:

Vacuum - Great riffs, and chorus is VERY catchy and sung pretty damned well
Leeches - Decent song structure, only really 2 good riffs, but one of the few that has minimal singing. :cool:
Vanishing Light - Great song period.

This is good concidering i only liked 2 songs off RtR. I just cant wait for the next Dimension Zero cd.

AoD

i LOVE the album come clarity.my favourite songs are take this life, come clarity, dead end and reflect the storm

Why don't you look at the date of the last post.
Notice how it's three years ago?

Every time you resurrect a long-dead thread, god kills a child.
Please, think of the children.

I'd rather he resurrected a dead thread than started a new one titled "i LOVE the album come clarity"

Good on him for using the search function, I guess.