TNR/TWC: Pre-ordering from The End has been activated

Well, I think the point wasn't that the mod nor ourselves have any issue with Pain of Salvation or people liking/loving them....it's more of a point of how some people manage to show some nerve and lack of consideration towards a band on their own forum.

Maybe it's just me being a musician that I see things differently than some of you, but I couldn't imagine going to one of the other band forums and finding a thread about their upcoming cd and saying "Well I wanted to get your cd but I decided to buy such-and-such instead because that takes precedence for me." It's kinda rude yknow? Especially knowing that the band frequents the forum.

Listen, just because we are doing this special edition version of TNR doesn't mean that we expect any and all of you to buy it. That's totally your choice. If you have better things to spend your money on, I completely understand. Just don't rub our faces in it either, please?

I think that's what the moderator was trying to get at, basically. He's just more of a hardass than I am lol

p.s. I realise people see things differently than we do, that's okay too. Noone is obligated to have to post here or frequent this forum if they don't like the way it's run or the requests we ask of people in terms of how they conduct themselves and respect our wishes. You can choose to say adieu and not come here anymore if so, we understand. At the end of the day though, it's still our forum and we'll run it how we see fit.

well the mod and you are totally right. i didn't mean to say differently.

well the trick is to make a nuanced opinion i suppose... then MAYBE i wouldn't consider it a bad thing to say something like that. but like this it's a slap in the face i suppose.

i saw you guys live at helmond, i mainly went for agalloch, so i decided to give preference over a ND cd to buy an agalloch shirt and cd, since i liked them better at the time (sorry :p ) but although i had listened to your music plenty of times it never REALLY clicked. i respected you guys though for what you did with your music, considered you a good band, and because you rocked so much there I listened to you some more, found a new appreciation of it all (a growing thing, right? ;) ) and decided to buy your stuff after all. that's not a bad thing I guess. but I talked to you guys there and would NEVER have said, "hey guys, thanks you did good! btw how do you like my agalloch shirt? i liked it much better than yours!" That would be a total slap in the face! (I only tell it now for the purpose of explaining my point)

but you know, people on the internet usually just loose all sense of decency... i see it everywhere, especially on forums, but also on emails for example. people think their words cause no harm because they can't see it... thank god here it's not as bad as the opeth forum for example! the swano forum for example is also a good place, but usually the more people you get, the harder it is to control.

there are exceptions though, like talkbass.com : about 15.000 people, more posts than you could ever read and still seldom a bad words falls. guess it has to do with bass players just being nice people :D and the strict moderation there.

We've generally got a good bunch of people here at this forum and I'm very grateful for it, honestly.

Just every now and then you got a post or thread or whatever that leaves me scratching my head, yknow what I mean? That's all. Not a big deal.

Maybe Pain of Salvation would like to hear this on their forum, instead of telling the ND guys why you just can't buy their product, because PoS takes priority.

You know, I keep to myself, and stay out of the general day to day here, and never step in unless I have too. You people don't use your heads at all. Keep this in mind, when one day this forum disappears without notice. This way, you'll never have to wonder why.

PoS does hear it on their boards, I'm a frequenter of their place. I was unaware that everything I said here had to be infavor of the band.

I didn't get crap in the Heathen Crusade thread for saying that had I gone last year Primordial would've been my main reason not ND, why say something now?

I appologize, but be consistant.

Oy vey!
Guys - the band PAYS money to have a forum here.

Of course sometimes other shows, festivals, etc are discussed here as threads go off on tangents.

This thread is specifically discussing the pre-order for the new album of the band who's forum you are on. I certainly think you can understand and appreciate that this would not be the forum to go into detail about why or why not you are purchasing the new Pain of Salvation.

jasonic, i think the point was it's maybe ok to discuss buying other albums, but not the place to discuss NOT to buy ND albums :)

Oy vey is right....jesus fuckin christ. People wonder why we have a moderator?

I will specify one more time, just to make it as clear as I can....

1.) Everyone here is free to discuss whatever you want here. There have been only a couple of things in the past that we've asked everyone nicely to please not do, in order to keep things friendly and civil. It's not that much to ask, I thought.

2.) I don't care if you're buying Pain of Salvation cds and they're the greatest thing ever. Thats not the issue. I dont care if you want to start a thread specifically about how great the new Pain of Salvation cd is on our forum, youre more than welcome to it. But in a thread thats on a Novembers Doom forum, specifically about the pre-orders for their new album, when you make a point of posting just to say that you arent buying it because some other bands cd is more important to you, in some people's view, it comes off as rude. Period. What precisely was the point of even mentioning that on this thread anyhow, yknow?
This isn't about praising us to holy fucking heaven or anything of the sort. It's about showing some courtesy. Just simple, decent, considerate courtesy. That's the whole point. And frankly, to be honest with you, I didn't even really give a fuck when I read Mort's comment the first time. I thought it seemed a bit odd to post what he did, but I wasnt crying about it to be sure. The moderator, in his judgement, felt that it was unappropriate and addressed it. It's gotten blown out of proportion and I'm sick of the whole fucking matter. Let it be done.

I'll repeat another thing I said before, and I think I can't really put it any plainer than this......if you don't want the book and cd, dont bother, we don't care. If you only want the cd, thats fine. If you dont want the damn cd at all, thats fine too. But give us the courtesy on our own forum to not rub our noses in it, please. And if it was done unintentionally, that's understandable too.

As for pre-orders for just the cd without the book, I dunno about that. Please visit The End Records site and ask them about it, I'm sure you can find info from them, they're pretty good about that stuff.

PoS does hear it on their boards, I'm a frequenter of their place. I was unaware that everything I said here had to be infavor of the band.

I didn't get crap in the Heathen Crusade thread for saying that had I gone last year Primordial would've been my main reason not ND, why say something now?

I appologize, but be consistant.

"Wish I could've gone last year, the line up was fantastic. Primordial, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow, The Chasm, Novembers Doom. Primordial alone make me want to go back in time for that."

In the Mods defense, there's a bit of a difference between saying that and what was said in this thread.

Anyway, seriously, it's not a big deal, forget it.

Eh, I appologize again. It really is a shame that I can't afford to get the book + CD preorder because I really think it'd bring a whole new level of "understanding" to me with some of the songs lyrics, and what they mean. The few pages up on TER as preview are exactly what I thought it would be like, and man do I want it :)

Perhaps if I can sell my Gamecube soon enough :D

Sorry about the brevity earlier today. Guess I haven't learned that -do not post from work- lesson yet. :\ Forgive me. The day started off slow but soon got very busy. Overall it was a very unmetal Monday at the office. Anyway, after perusing this thread while sipping the morning coffee, I felt ill thinking about how downloading music has caused people to go to such lengths to justify their reasons - on both sides. I cannot condemn anyone for their choices. The Biz is headed in that direction anyway. Just another change to deal with, like vinyl > 8-track > cassette > CD > DVD > ____ > ____ > ____ > (ad nauseam) Nothing personal against anyone!

Sorry for the outburst. Please resume your regularly scheduled programming.

Whether it was intentional or not, I've known these guys for years, and the moderator has a point, too. It doesn't matter if you like PoS. I started this thread with good intentions about the album and book. The point Larry is making here is to not be so fucking disrespectful. It aggravates me too, because I know of the hard work that these guys put into what you get to see and hear. Just have a little courtesy next time, that is all. I've seen UM forums get shut down in the past, so think before you post.

It's cool man, don't worry. This forum isn't getting shut down any time soon, like it or not LOL Misunderstandings happen. Just as long as everyone is able to understand each other in the end, that's what matters.

Anyhow Mort, in terms of wanting to get the book at some point, you might have a chance later down the line, because the book will be available separately for sale at a later date. You won't get the extras that come as part of the package and stuff, though. But if you seriously have interest in purchasing the book, you can at least plan ahead and just get it later on perhaps? The book itself is not limited to the pre-orders, just the special book+cd+extras set. At least I think I'm correct on this...Paul can clarify it for you.

yeah people just don't realize what little aggrevation little words can cause, but let's not depict them as satan yet, because i dont think they meant to do any harm with :D

hurray we still have cool forum with cool people :D

the extras are a poster (while supples last) and an autograph right?

yeah people just don't realize what little aggrevation little words can cause, but let's not depict them as satan yet, because i dont think they meant to do any harm with :D

hurray we still have cool forum with cool people :D

the extras are a poster (while supples last) and an autograph right?

It's also packaged together in a suade style bag, and we're working on a few more things to put inside it all.

The book on it's own will be available once the pre-orders sell out. The book alone will be sold for $25 I believe, and that's not including shipping, so the $39.99 price tag on the pre-order is a good price.