To all Ghost Reveries Haters.....

metal_wrath said:
Aside from the overdramatic post, my point is that your statement is completely false :)

Opeth's music / product is great, that is why it sells. From the first time the play button is pushed on a CD player, you have to listen to it if you like metal at all. Opeth is Opeth and metal_wrath you know what I mean. It grabs you and brings you in, and you want to hear more. They write their music from the heart, and write it for themselves, not for the record company. I don't think any of us here, at least the majority of us here, would ever think Mike is sexy... yikes, and buy an album based on that only.

Ashlee Simpson has an image, and that is what sells about her. IMO she is attractive, but she is just a media creation designed to suck dollars out of teenage crowd to line the pockets of the corporate machine.

MixGrafix said:
Ashlee Simpson has an image, and that is what sells about her. IMO she is attractive, but she is just a media creation designed to suck dollars out of teenage crowd to line the pockets of the corporate machine.

Ashlee Simpson has a sister and that's what's selling about her.

jeez this thread reminds me of the shit that was up here a year ago... are we back to square one? :rolleyes:

let it go people...

Celine%20Dion.jpg
peter_stor.jpg

hibernal_dream said:
This whole post is

i r r e l e v a n t

to the thread. No-one disputes what a business is or that parts of Opeth's activities constitute business activities. This whole issue stemmed from McGrafix's comment that Opeth needed to evolve and change on GR and did so, since that's what all businesses do: this is akin to suggesting they've sold out (which, according to McGrafix, is somehow not a bad thing). Your post doesn't say anything about this matter - your last comment - WHY they're making the music - is what this whole thread is about. Opeth writes music as a band/artist and sells it as a business. Final word.

no, this arguement started out of the ignorance of a.) people who can't grasp the idea of what business is and how it is completely unrelated to the idea of artistic integrity and b.) people like yourself who got all offended at an idea that conflicted with your BELIEF that the band would never intend to make music solely for the money