Tonight was fucking great! ( . ) ( . )

Maybe it's just me, but that thread makes you come across as a bit of a tool

If some guy tried that on me I'd have no hesitation in delivering a swift kick to the nads.

Cooperman said:
At least there are very few discussions of black metal here and what constitutes true black metal and what doesn't.
If it doesn't start with a fussillade of double-kicking and blast beats, followed an instand or so later by hyper speed triple picking and a few seconds later by a guy shrieking "SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!", then it's not black metal.

:)

Black Metal fans seem to forget the main spirit of metal is to have a good time.

Therefore, thats reason I think anyone who idolises black metal is a tool. Yes draven, thats aimed at you. Stop being so serious about everything, no one cares, except other black metal fags, and they are fags.

You are 18 or so, just think how you're going to feel about this kinda shit in 10 years before you get a massive pentagram tattooed across your chest.

Great post Koich. I totally agree, black metal fans really annoy me because they take it SO seriously. Metal is ENTERTAINMENT, its fun. Black metal fans forget that and take it even further than just the music where bands are idolized for their off-stage antics like burning churches or their views on certain races/religions etc. I also hate their superiority complex that black metal fans (ie. themself) are so much better than everyone else, because they are true and brutal lol. Life is not about being true and brutal, its about making the most of every moment and having a good time. Embrace life, don't focus on the negatives.

Hahaha Mark good point! At least lots of people who like Manowar though just like them for a bit of fun and don't take the whole "true metal" thing too seriously. I can't see how you could lol. It's pretty obvious that it was just a result of the shades of metal patriotism in their early stuff selling records so they went waaay over the top with it to sell even more haha!

If you take them at face value, I think Manowar are a fun band. But I worry that they *really* mean what they say... :erk: Frightening! :lol:

I don't fall for it. I think Joey's a clever businessman and knows that preaching that stuff gives his fans more incentive to stick with the band and not stop listening to them or they'll feel like a poser haha!

Power metal fans take things to seriously as also. The only acceptable group of metalheads is Australian Grind fans, these people are awesome cunts, they wear heaps of flannelette,drink a fuckload of piss and put shit on everyone while having a good time.

These are the coolest people ever, I'm not bias or anything though.

DravenMist said:
HAHAHAHA, you're a funny man Koichi, where did this come from? I thought this thread was about Terry's wicked night out? Ah anyway, I take my black metal seriously, why should you have a problem with that? I am into my black metal as much as you are into your thrash, or your grind, or your heavy metal or whatever it may be, it is my choice to take it seriously...So what? You don't even know me. It's funny that the people who get annoyed at people who are SERIOUS about their music and ideals are the people who have no idea what they are talking about.

I immerse myself as much as I can in black metal, because I feel it is the best way to express MYSELF (same goes for my bands mates, and fellow "BLACK METAL COMRADES"). - The same can be said for most people who listen to black metal, and take it seriously. I feel it is the style of music that I have most in common with, hence why I do not get into Justin Timberlake or 50 Cent, because it has nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with anyone bar the writer of the music. I'm very passionate about metal (including black metal). It is my life, why should I not take it seriously? If no-one cares, why did you care to bring it up?

You sound just as bad as the majority of people's parents not wanting their children listening to 'heavy metal' because it may turn them into satan-worshippers. I have no intentions on getting a tattoo ever. For starters, I'm not interested in smothering myself in something I WILL regret. Secondly I wouldn't get a pentagram even if I did. I'm not openly satanic, and will never be. Nice generalization :D

You fail to see what we see, because you are a black metal fan.

Your friends are a bunch of fucking tools man. I have no idea how people can immerse them in a culture, where the whole idea is to make inaccessable music, and stagnate on sound. You can't accuse me of not knowing either, cos you know very well I enjoy alot of black metal, we even agree on some points.

But anyone who prattles on about how black metal production is sposed to be shit, and the greatest bands ever are darkthrone and mayhem , is fooling themselves, cos thats all bullshit. All of it. From what I have heard, you have the talent to do something good with metal, don't waste it playing in a shithouse run of the mill black metal band.

Also, those black metal fans, that stand around outside gigs and scream shit, they are wankers.