Tonight was fucking great! ( . ) ( . )

DravenMist said:
You seem to have picked up the "black metal is true because it has shit production" thing from fellow black metal haters jumping on the bandwagon. This is not the case. I've said it 3 million times before, but I will say it again, because the point will stand forever. For old black metal bands (and consolation bands who play the old-school style) was to create music with atmosphere, the same as any style of metal (or music for that matter) requires a certain degree off atmosphere.
Draven, those bands recorded it like that because they couldnt afford anything else. If Fredrik Nordstrom had been around back then and offered Mayhem studio time, you think they would have said "Oh no thanks, we prefer this 8 track cassette recorder, thanks anyway" and then stabbed him?

Nazxul hady shitty production on Totem, Black seed was ok, but nothing special.

Mydraal were complete shit

Anazazaaereal I haven't heard.

Basically, shit production doesn't lead to having a cold dark atmopshere, it leads to having shit production.

I can think of tonnes of bands that have awesome production and sound 10 times more fucking dark and evil then alot of the shit you listen to.

Answer me this, why is black metal so hated within the metal scene?

It CANT be intentionally cold when you had no other options. If they could have chosen Bob Rock back then and didnt, fine id believe you, but they had NO other options, shit production and a tiny label was all they had. They simply kept doing it because they were too afraid of being labelled untrue if they went to a more expensive studio after they had a little bit of success.

I dont think ive ever wanted to punch someone in the face as badly as I have the idiot that hosts that show.

JonBonJovi said:
and I don't think I have ever known one person that needed to be punched as someone here!

I am surrounded by witless fools when I visit here!
And yet you still grace us with your charming presence. What a great thing to be thankfull for at this time of year.

wow.

we've gone from drunken nights,
to insulting each other about opinions on picking up chicks,
to insulting each other about opinions on black metal,
to monty python.

I love it.

He had arms and legs
And hands and feet
The boy, the boy they called Brian

And he grew, and grew grew and grew
Grew up to be, yes he grew up to be
A man called Brian.

He's not the Messiah!

He's just a very naughty boy!

(someone had to do it, I figured it might as well be me)