Tool

Good band. The best listening expirience with Tool was listening to Aenima,Lateralus on Shrooms. WOW. Lateralus expecially. Can't say I listen to the much anymore.

At the gates suck.

Tool are a decent band, however their status as poster-boys of pseudo-intellectualism turns me away from them quite a bit.

eh? whats this i heard some cr@p abt the singer being a douch and being a dipsh!te? lemme enligten you simple minded folk

Now i hope i don't get into any trouble for posting lyrics:

Aenima: hooker with a penis

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501's, and a
Dope Beastie tee, nipple rings, new tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT,
After '92,
From The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

i consider blink 182 and good charlotte (and all boy bands (cept the beatles)) as douchey. this is slightly above that!

actually hes saying that it's impossible to entirely opt out of the capitalist system and so one might as well use it as much to ones advantage as possible - whether you're on a shitty small-time label on a multinational, youre still aiding capitalismn at different magnitudes. to add to that, most of the fans who accuse bands of selling out are, if yiou observe their consumer habits, just as much sellouts themselves! :cool:

Yeah, the bands I listen to are really in it for the money, I'm sure Burzum impresses everyone with that limo he drives around the prison block...oh wait.

yeah i dont see anything wrong with the lyrics, actually i always like them.
what i get from those lyrics is that to be able to do a record and get signed, you got to make a lot of comprimises, work your ass off, etc ( i mean living of music, not just an hobby), like it says on the lyrics, they sold their soul....to music.

Birkenau said:
Yeah, the bands I listen to are really in it for the money, I'm sure Burzum impresses everyone with that limo he drives around the prison block...oh wait.

how can you continue to miss the point :confused: