Tool

Neurotic said:
yeah i dont see anything wrong with the lyrics, actually i always like them.
what i get from those lyrics is that to be able to do a record and get signed, you got to make a lot of comprimises, work your ass off, etc ( i mean living of music, not just an hobby), like it says on the lyrics, they sold their soul....to music.
The only reason they "sold their soul" is cause they play commercial rock for the masses in exchange for money.

Birkenau said:
The only reason they "sold their soul" is cause they play commercial rock for the masses in exchange for money.

not really, there is a lot of metal as commercial as tool. now tell me this, isn't iron maiden commercial? way catchier than tool, but hey its maiden so no prob (i have no prob with maiden, just an example.), black sabbath isn't commercial? paranoid is almost pop...(nothing against them, just an example)

although i'm your sure you dont think like this, but not everything that is "commercial" is bad. look at pink floyd, sold millions, now you gonna say they suck too?

and if you look at tool's albuns, lateralus is actually a step back, not as catchy as aenima for instance, and if writing 8 minutes songs is commercial then your a retard.

i'm not the biggest tool fan, like i said i haven't listen to them for ages, but ppl like you with you closed minds make me sick.

listen to the music and forget about image, styles whatever. its all music.
you don't like it fine, now don't critize it just because you feel its commercial, critize the music with good arguments if you have anything to say about that.

metalheads....you don't have to prove anything to anybody.

The only Tool album that I think is hugely overrated is Aenima. It has some good songs on it but the album as a whole has no flow whatsoever and therefor I rarely feel like listening to it. Those stupid interludes ruin it completely. Lateralus is by far their best album and I'm curious what their next effort will be like. Maynard may be a pretentious dork but that isn't going to stop me from enjoying their albums.

And whoever said Tool sound like Opeth, you're insane, dude.

CAIRATH said:
The only Tool album that I think is hugely overrated is Aenima. It has some good songs on it but the album as a whole has no flow whatsoever and therefor I rarely feel like listening to it. Those stupid interludes ruin it completely. Lateralus is by far their best album and I'm curious what their next effort will be like. Maynard may be a pretentious dork but that isn't going to stop me from enjoying their albums.

And whoever said Tool sound like Opeth, you're insane, dude.

yeh those interlutes on aenima are really annoying, but on the other side, that album has their most memorable (or accessible eheh) songs, thats why ppl praise it.
i think they are a fine band, but most tool fanboys are crazy. they think its the most original, mindblowing, intellectual music in the world; but when King Crimson opened for tool (the irony!!! oh my god the irony!!) they didnt like it and talk shit about KC (at least from what i read in the net) . now thats retarted, without KC there wouldnt be any tool, and Kc are so much better anyway...

Well for rock standards today, their probably one of the better bands. Having said that, their pretty crappy as far as my standards are concerned. Great drummer, decent guitarist and bassist, and a shit vocalist.

But well, why bother with this band, when you can just listen to a better band like King Crimson.

Ex-cally-boo said:
A musical genius, fucking yes. Other than that, he is pretty intelligent but ... not a genius.
musical genius? no fucking way.... musical geniuses are ppl like beethoven, stravinsky, bach that did works larger than life, immortal musical. (ppl seem to use the world genius a lot these days...)

varg is just another metal musician (unless you count that casio album that i heard, that was pretty crappy)...i personally think his music nothing special, but to each their own...

Neurotic said:
musical genius? no fucking way.... musical geniuses are ppl like beethoven, stravinsky, bach that did works larger than life, immortal musical. (ppl seem to use the world genius a lot these days...)

varg is just another metal musician (unless you count that casio album that i heard, that was pretty crappy)...i personally think his music nothing special, but to each their own...

Okay I agree with you about Varg but I hope you're not implying that the only a classical composer can be a musical genious. I'll list some others if that's what you mean.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Okay I agree with you about Varg but I hope you're not implying that the only a classical composer can be a musical genious. I'll list some others if that's what you mean.
of course not. it was merely examples. i just think ppl use to much the word genius ... to me genius is someone with a capacity (in this case for music) that few possess.

now if some ppl here think that varg fits that category, good for you...

and for those who say i'm retarded (i dont like burzum so i must be). well thanks for the attention ...:rolleyes:

First off, learn to spell, it's people not ppl.

Secondly, back in their day, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc were not universally acclaimed geniuses, infact most of the time they were unknown, poor and looking for odd jobs and commissions, so there goes your stupid theory.

Thirdly, if you can't appreciate Burzum, then you're probably retarded or seriously lacking in musical taste (I'm guessing your both).

Thank you for your time, next please.

Birkenau said:
First off, learn to spell, it's people not ppl.

Secondly, back in their day, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc were not universally acclaimed geniuses, infact most of the time they were unknown, poor and looking for odd jobs and commissions, so there goes your stupid theory.

Thirdly, if you can't appreciate Burzum, then you're probably retarded or seriously lacking in musical taste (I'm guessing your both).

Thank you for your time, next please.

first of all i'm not english, so mocking the way i spell is stupid. "ppl" is just an abreviation for people, but if you didn't realize that , not my fault... (funny how everyone goes to a grammar contest when lacks arguments)

and your theory about beethoven...who said anything about universally acclaimed geniuses? i say they are geniuses based on their work, not because they are popular, i mention stravinsky also, and mostly people (to make you happy, i would love to see you write portuguese), don't know who the fuck stravinsky is, i could have mention bartok, etc

and everyone that doesn't like burzum is retarded? you talk like burzum is veryyy difficult to understand...i don't like burzum because there is so much better minimalistic music outhere that i don't have time to waste with burzum...its pretty simple actually...

Neurotic said:
first of all i'm not english, so mocking the way i spell is stupid. "ppl" is just an abreviation for people, but if you didn't realize that , not my fault... (funny how everyone goes to a grammar contest when lacks arguments)

I think the reason why he said it's not spelt ppl is because everyone that comes here doesn't use abbreviations. Like "how r u 2day?". Because we are much more mature than that (Or we think we are! :Spin: )

The Bringer said:
I think the reason why he said it's not spelt ppl is because everyone that comes here doesn't use abbreviations. Like "how r u 2day?". Because we are much more mature than that (Or we think we are! :Spin: )

well i don't think the issue is maturity, it's just because i'm lazy :tickled: ...and i don't use many abreviations, mostly that one...