Traditional Doom Metal

Apparently you're unfamiliar with the Keep It True festival and how fucking insane German metal fans are.

Hopefully this can lead to a future cooperation between Johan and Leif, would be so cool to hear some new material with him. I wouldn't mind him in Krux instead of Mats Levén. To be honest I'd prefer him in Candlemass instead of Lowe too. Don't get me wrong I've always liked Robert Lowe but he's always got Solitude Aeternus.

So uh, who's seen the lineup for born too late? Probably the best lineup for a us festival that I've seen. August 1st, about an hour away from where I live too

Since my PC died I forgot to add Solstice to my mp3 player, its really good I like it. I think im going to get Dark Age from SKR soon

I've never really given Solstice a chance. Do people usually consider them an underrated/unmentioned band or are they seen as something not work recommending, because I never really see them mentioned when discussing doom -- not sure why. Should I try Lamentations or New Dark Age?

Underrated/unmentioned? Around my friends (and here) they are usually seen as one of the staples of epic doom. Both albums are good but start with New Dark Age, definitely their best imo, and one of the best epic doom metal albums ever.

Thanks for the help, I just never seem to see them mentioned anywhere. It's probably just me being oblivious as usual.

I think I prefer Lamentations, but both are great. ^^^Like he said, Candlemass and Scald are better, I say Solitude Aeturnus and maybe even Forsaken too.

I haven't listened to Scald either :)erk:), but I agree on the Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass points. Suppose I should get on that too.

So uh, who's seen the lineup for born too late? Probably the best lineup for a us festival that I've seen. August 1st, about an hour away from where I live too

shameless plug.
borntoolatemerged.jpg

Must listen to their only album, Scald--Will Of The Gods Is Greater Power. Originally 1996, get the 2003 re-master. Epic doom riffage and a vocalist second to none. One of the best trad doom albums ever!!