Traditional Doom Metal

Forsaken are really great power metal infused epic doom imo. The vocalist may not be Agyl or Lanquist but they've got great atmosphere.

New Revelation song:

http://www.againstnature.us/BH/Revelation/2009-FortheSakeofNoOne/Mix/01 A Matter of Days.mp3

forthesake.jpg

You are aware that Salvation's Answer and Revelation are not the same thing, right?

It's a completely different recording. Revelation is an unreleased album that was recorded in 1988. Salvation's Answer is from 1991. There aren't really any significant changes in the songwriting department, but the recording itself is fairly different. It's more amateurish, with a heavier guitar tone, but a weaker production (which is why they didn't release it).

Does anyone have Solitude Aeturnus' live dvd Hour Of Despair? I haven't paid any attention to the cd version, as I don't like live cd's, but the dvd rules, especially for me who have never seen them live.

It's a completely different recording. Revelation is an unreleased album that was recorded in 1988. Salvation's Answer is from 1991. There aren't really any significant changes in the songwriting department, but the recording itself is fairly different. It's more amateurish, with a heavier guitar tone, but a weaker production (which is why they didn't release it).

kinda like mortal throne of nazarene and upon the throne?

Well, kind of, but Upon the Throne was just kind of a demo for the first album, wasn't it? It's actually more like Onward to Golgotha and Blasphemous Cremation. Revelation was supposed to be the band's debut album. They only didn't release it because they weren't happy with the way that it turned out. It makes you wonder if Revelation's 'career' would have been any different if they released a full-length in 1988 like they were supposed to instead of holding off until a label gave them an offer and releasing their debut in 1991.

Got the new The Gates of Slumber album in the mail today. Fantastic album as expected. Def love the mix of heavy metal and doom. The production takes a little while to get use to but i don't really have anything to complain about, the excellent song writing is still there. Anyone else hear it?