U.S. tour impressions/photos/reviews go here

MorbidEnemy said:
that show was fucking great! I'm not mad that DT only gets to play 9 songs anymore :) I was almost about to pass out while they were playing The Endless Feed! I was front and center (1 person behind the photo pit barrier) singing with Mikael!
I'm ready for round 2 tonight!
Setlist: (in order?)
The Treason Wall
Lost To Apathy
White Noise/Black Silence
The New Build
The Wonders At Your Feet
The Endless Feed
Punish My Heaven
One Thought
Final Resistance

I may have recognized you. I was behind the photo pit as well (on the left side). :headbang:

A few snapshots from tonight's gig at West Hollywood:

dtkc1.jpg

dtkc2.jpg

dtkc4.jpg

dtkc3.jpg

dtkc5.jpg

That's it for now. Don't want to piss off some dial-up users.
I will upload all my shots to a webserver in a few hours, instead of putting them on this thread. And yes, the show was intensed, brutal, and it ruled.

Good pics man. Out of curiosity, what does it say on Sundins T-shirt? I thought it said Da Vinci at first, and now I see it says that not, I'm in a possition where Id rather be in the know.

I wonder why Sundin is using an SG these days :confused: . They're hardly metal guitars... then agian if he got the character sound out on that guitar then SG - :kickass:

rawrrrrrrrr what a great experience for me tonite :( sux i didn't get to talk to the rest of the soilwork members. and squeak..whatever happened to the birthday cards? I asked Ander from DT and he didn't know about it or something.

I was at the Seattle show on the 12th. DT was excellent, as was Hypocrisy. Soilwork was decent. And Mnemic... Well, after two songs I went into the bar. I'd seen Dark Tranquillity once before and watched a couple of bootleg videos (as well as the DVD) and this performance was nothing short of amazing. They took the stage and it seemed to me like everyone was just screaming and yelling, ripped through the set and the band pretty much was constantly right up front and in the crowd practically (no security / fencing between the stage and the band). Mikael was doing vocals pretty much completely leaning into the crowd. My favorite moment was Niklas's lead bit during Punish My Heaven (1:23ish) when he got right up front and just ripped into that quick repeating section. Such amazing stage presence from everyone!

After I got tired of listening to Soilwork I went into the bar and, after a bit, all of DT made their way in and I talked to each of the members for a little bit, except Martin B. They're all great people. Very humble, too! Both Mikael and Michael are extremely funny. Mikael struck a few 'black metal' poses for some photos. Niklas spoke with me for what seemed to be like 20 minutes while he was waiting to get something to drink. One of my friends took some photos, so I'll see if I can get her to post them here.

King Chaos said:
I wonder why Sundin is using an SG these days :confused: . They're hardly metal guitars... then agian if he got the character sound out on that guitar then SG - :kickass:
At least he's not playing with this guitar.

Arch said:
Yeah, totally. Security pretty much quelled down the moshing, though.

Sorry to hear that! My son and I were upstairs in the comfort of the balcony ;-) He is a big fan of Soilwork but even he said that DT was his favorite performance of the evening. The sound mix for DT was perfect. Perhaps their security isn't to your liking, but I have to acknowledge the House of Blues for scheduling all ages metal shows.

Kirk

Glad you had fun, Enmity :) I can see all the americans in the venue going crazy :D I want to see you screeaaaaaaam :) Hehe..

Arch said:
At least he's not playing with this guitar.

:lol: Anyone caught playing that guitar (or playing with that guitar) Needs a slap.

Great pictures MorbidEnemy. It does appear DT are absolutely slaying the US. I wish their lable would do more for them. Give them more credit and a bigger push. This proves more than ever that they deserve it. DT = 2nd to none.

Thanks for the pics. I've never been to the key club, is it about the same size as HOB Anaheim?

@SinglePartof2: I remember you. You apologized to me as well, there was no need to. :)

@SinnerBoy: The bottom floor of The Key Club is roughly the size of HOB in Anaheim, but the 2nd floor is smaller.

All my pictures from last night's show are uploaded. Go over here.