UM men: how does being into metal affect you dating life?

Speaking of school systems, my school got some of the most fucked up and insane kids in the special education program, since my school was the central part of a few rural towns/communities, and of course was public, the system got fucked these kids who, no offense to anyone with disabilities here, are probably in the nut house. I was talking to one of these kids because it was so funny to hear the crazy shit he had to say and he told me he had the power of Satan in him and that he'd unleash it on people, also wrote something to do with Azazel in his Biology book, and acted like a nut around people calling them stupid names like "Chinese girl" or "Office girl", this kid's probably in the nut house but I sure do miss his crazy ways. :lol: This ws just one of the many nutty kids we got in my school system, I graduated with 60 kids and there was 240 people in the whole high school so I wondered why we got so many nutty kids here. :lol:

Look at all the dysfunction going on with schools and go out and see how people are. I'm not making this generalization purely based on my school system. I think basically everyone is normal and than they go through a school system and turn out a certain way as a result from a school system.

Everyone is normal until they go to school? Hm...you really think that? :erk:

You know how many kids in the world are mentally and pysically abused in a school system for years and years starting when a young child when there brains are learning and developing.

Don't you think the same can happen before they go to school and those kids might do the same to others as they have not really learned anything else?

How is someone suppose to be normal or live to their full potential when shit like this is going on all the time. How can someone think a school is not responsible for someones outlook towards people the world and their general sense and emotions in a general way.

Sure school and the interactions there are important to your development. But the way you deal with these interactions is something that you mostly learned before going in school.

You see a bunch of fucked up people or maybe people you don't think turned out right. I generally do not think it's because they had bad parents,etc...

Well if we start from your point of view that everyone is normal before they go to school...why would it start to go wrong in school then? If everybody learned to interact well and be respectful to others it doesn't sound like a problem would happen in school?

You could say that parenting has a role, but I would not say even close to say a school system.

So the early years where you would be pretty much supposed to be with your parents like 24/7 and form the basis of your caracter has an lesser importance than school?

Someone spends all day in a school since pre k and kindergarden onward. This is mainly how you are learning and where you are shown and taught.

Yes you do learn a lot of things there but the way you deal and react to the things you learn there is formed before that time mainly.

Anyway your idea is already formed that all schools should have been responsible and it's also that school's fault if others were mean to you. This logic seems flawed to me but if it makes you feel better I guess that's a good defense mecanism for you. :err:

^You can half mosh and half do something else to Opeth, because the music's half heavy and half melancholic, though that's a generality. :)

Look at all the dysfunction going on with schools and go out and see how people are. I'm not making this generalization purely based on my school system. I think basically everyone is normal and than they go through a school system and turn out a certain way as a result from a school system.

You know how many kids in the world are mentally and pysically abused in a school system for years and years starting when a young child when there brains are learning and developing. How is someone suppose to be normal or live to their full potential when shit like this is going on all the time. How can someone think a school is not responsible for someones outlook towards people the world and their general sense and emotions in a general way.

You see a bunch of fucked up people or maybe people you don't think turned out right. I generally do not think it's because they had bad parents,etc...

You could say that parenting has a role, but I would not say even close to say a school system. Someone spends all day in a school since pre k and kindergarden onward. This is mainly how you are learning and where you are shown and taught. These people have more of an influence more than anyone. Your parents influence you but you are in a school system all day spending more time in a school system than with parents and people in your family and who you associate with.

other people will take responsibility also. just not schools

god you are such a fucking crybaby, why won't you ever take responsibility for your own social failures?

My girlfriend thinks most metal is retarded but she likes some metalcore I like and stuff. In fact, we are both big It Dies Today fans. Which is cool. Blaring "My Promise" when driving with her is nice.

But whenever she's in the shower and I'm over, I blast something brutal just because.

god you are such a fucking crybaby, why won't you ever take responsibility for your own social failures?

I take responsiblity.

I'm not crying about anything and take responsibility, work, pay taxes, and try and socialize. I'm just saying how fucked up school settings can be for kids and most people have no clue. I watch TV and the news and know what I am saying is not some bullshit so you can fuck off. You're an idiot

Schools are fucked up. I rarely have social problems in public or at work. School systems have nothing to do with reality. I am more talking about social problems within school. Schools are nothing more than a place of warping drama and dysfunction.

School is really no more or less fucked up than the rest of the world at large. Most people find the world to be livable because they've acquired the skills necessary to cope with failures and hard times. Said skills are traditionally acquired during high school and college years.

Schools are fucked up. I rarely have social problems in public or at work. School systems have nothing to do with reality. I am more talking about social problems within school. Schools are nothing more than a place of warping drama and dysfunction.

I dunno about that, at least not over here. The kids I'm teaching acts just as people on other workplaces I've been to/heard about. Same shit everywhere, but at least kids can blame it on their age and not knowing better.

Either way I agree with this fellow here:
I can't for the life of me figure out how listening to metal could affect ones dating life.

If you are incapable of persuading one of the fairer sex into going out with you, chances are your problems go far deeper than your music genre of choice, sorry...

My girlfriend thinks most metal is retarded but she likes some metalcore I like and stuff. In fact, we are both big It Dies Today fans. Which is cool. Blaring "My Promise" when driving with her is nice.

But whenever she's in the shower and I'm over, I blast something brutal just because.
You and your girlfriend are gay because you like It Dies Today.

It doesn't, I find girls just put up with it or I find some compromise, my girlfriend likes Korn, Nightwish, Within Temptation, basically most female fronted pop/metal bands and I dont mind that, so we listen to that mostly. I have managed to make her apprecite AND like Opeth and Draconian however, which makes me quite happy... for some reason she cant like Type O though, no matter how hard I try, then again, I just cant bring myself to like The Corrs...

After reading this thread, I have noticed something, most metalheads appear to be either anti-social or well... nerdy school kids. I work between 50 and 55 hours a week and I still find time to see my girlfriend, and listen to music. Now, I am not saying this to brag, I am just saying "Dont put the pussy on a pedestal" honestly, if you want to meet someone, you need to be where girls are, go to pubs, clubs etc. and talk to people, dont just wait for them to talk to you. You will find it much easier to get a date then you think, most girls at those sort of places want the same thing, they just go about it a different way.