UM's attitude towards mainstream bands

Fenriz has always been outspoken (and at times outrageous), but he also has a cool side, watch the video where he speaks to a german journalist over the phone regarding techno music! Fenriz isn't all super macho black metal elite

he's actually quite a goofball

Well I don't really give a dam about Metalcore or Deathcore, especially not Deathcore, but I occasionally give some symphonic metal a spin.

Most people here generally enjoy a lot of the older mainstream bands, like from the 80s and 70s. But don't enjoy a lot of newer mainstream metal bands.

I actually find Darkthrones music incredibly boring shitty and tedious, the band cares to much about image and sounding/playing a certain way because of a genre,bands,people, and care to much on how they are perceived for me to really take them serious other than the fact they do nothing with their instruments, but really they actually suck hard and are about as interesting as a rock.

1926.jpg

Try giving this album a listen. I was so surprised that I had to check 2 sources to make sure it was Darkthrone.

Though I generally do find their music boring. Isengard can be okay though.

Back on the subject of mainstream bands, I have no problem with them so long as people can handle others' distaste for the band, and do not claim that the band is not mainstream.

I like all the classics still...Better Than today's metal.

But some newer mainstream bands I like regardless if they're metal or not.

Muse
Coldplay
Radiohead
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Thrice
Rage Against The Machine
Newer Disturbed
Greenday

I actually don't really like mainstream metal but I like some mainstream rock.

They are more of heavy alt rock but Chevelle is mainstream and modern and they are teh awesome. But of course there's exceptions, cuz Tool don't suck either.

Yea, Tool are one of my favourite bands and they're pretty popular. But I think most metal or heavy stuff that is more 'mainstream' does tend to suck. Tool is a rare case.

Yea, Metallica doesn't fit in the modern mainstream category anyway since no one in their right mind prefers anything but the 80s material (though you're allowed to like The Black Album and a bit of Death Magnetic, I like about 3 or 4 songs from the two)

I agree that Tool are actually really fucking good. It takes them forever to come out with an album, but when they do it's just overflowing with so many intricate details it makes your head spin. Not to mention that their lyrics are also fantastic.

I like all the classics still...Better Than today's metal.

But some newer mainstream bands I like regardless if they're metal or not.

Muse
Coldplay
Radiohead
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Thrice
Rage Against The Machine
Newer Disturbed
Greenday

I actually don't really like mainstream metal but I like some mainstream rock.

:erk:

I'll like it if it sounds good to me. Whether it's the biggest band in the world, topping the charts or an underground local band that only my town and towns around it know about.
I listen to everything (popularity-wise) from The Beatles to this local band, Rozwell http://www.myspace.com/thedhsband

I actually really fucking hate Tool tbh. Overhyped, bland boring rock... with annoying vocals IMO. Maynard James Keenan needs to DIAF.