Underrated Thrash Bands?

i agree that scream bloody gore is a thrash album but by the time of individual thought paterns they were fukll on death.

I think so yeah but it wasn't straight up death metal. It was melodic, progressive death metal.

The first Death album I got was Human and I remember thinking the sound was quite remenicent of Sepultura although expanded far more in the technicality of the music.

D.R.I were a fucking awesome band.

You know what i hate about the Thrash re-surgence is that most of the new bands around are playing up the fun sorta thrashcore crossover stuff, i don't mind the Waste doing it, cos they rule, but all these other bands like Hatchet and Gama Bomb are starting to piss me off, because old school thrash was angry and fuckin' heavy. Fuelled by Fire are another band that don't really get it. They want to be Kreator with jokes. Gayness. IMO Evile are pretty much the only new Thrash band i've heard that are serious about the music that they're playing, even if they write songs about Rambo. / rant over.

But DEATH is one of the best bands ever, even if they weren't thrash.

I think if Chuck had written St. Anger, St. Anger would've been a godlike being who destroys the world. But Chuck wouldn't of done that because he wasn't stupid or being controlled by a therapist that drained all his essence out of him.