Upcoming Album... Anyone worried?

I think it's gonna be different. but still good.

What happened when the other members changed?
First, the original line-up made Orchid and Morningrise, which, even if different, are in a way similar, made of dual guitar harmonies.
Then came the MAYH revolution, with the advent of the Martins. Heck, My Arms was totally different. Still Life and Blackwater Park were just natural evolutions of the new sound developed in MAYH. Deliverance and Damnation were, yes, still different even without any new member joining. But, if you consider that the idea was of doing two different albums which showed the dark and the bright side of Opeth, you can still "join" the two disc and obtain a sort-of BWP-ish sound with less acoustic and more clean guitars.
Then Per joined, and it was another revolution, with the keyboards. It was a big change, and a lot of people say that it was a step backwards. I don't think so. I mean, even if GR is not my favourite album of the whole discography, it still is a great album. If it wasn't for Per, GR would probably have been more of the same. And, I think that many fanboys diss GR because in their opinion Opeth "sold out!". That's the biggest bullshit they can ever come up with! I mean, you have the proof. Since when doing 10 minutes songs with deep growls, complex song structure and keyboard arrangements is selling-out? I don't give a fuck if Opeth is signed for Candelight Records, Roadrunner or, heck, EMI or Sony. I just care about the music. You can't focus on the record company to judge the music. If GR would have been release under EMI, would you imagine the fuss about it? It would have still been a great album, with a huge step forward. A band sound can only improve, not regress. You can like or dislike the new sound, but it will only improve, as long as is sticks to the same genre.
/end Rant

About the new album, I expect another "revolution". Something like, let's say, shredding solos by Akesson altered by melodic ones by Akerfeldt... I expect something even more marked between the Dark Side and the Bright Side.
And I'm optimistic.

I think it's gonna be different. but still good.

What happened when the other members changed?
First, the original line-up made Orchid and Morningrise, which, even if different, are in a way similar, made of dual guitar harmonies.
Then came the MAYH revolution, with the advent of the Martins. Heck, My Arms was totally different. Still Life and Blackwater Park were just natural evolutions of the new sound developed in MAYH. Deliverance and Damnation were, yes, still different even without any new member joining. But, if you consider that the idea was of doing two different albums which showed the dark and the bright side of Opeth, you can still "join" the two disc and obtain a sort-of BWP-ish sound with less acoustic and more clean guitars.
Then Per joined, and it was another revolution, with the keyboards. It was a big change, and a lot of people say that it was a step backwards. I don't think so. I mean, even if GR is not my favourite album of the whole discography, it still is a great album. If it wasn't for Per, GR would probably have been more of the same. And, I think that many fanboys diss GR because in their opinion Opeth "sold out!". That's the biggest bullshit they can ever come up with! I mean, you have the proof. Since when doing 10 minutes songs with deep growls, complex song structure and keyboard arrangements is selling-out? I don't give a fuck if Opeth is signed for Candelight Records, Roadrunner or, heck, EMI or Sony. I just care about the music. You can't focus on the record company to judge the music. If GR would have been release under EMI, would you imagine the fuss about it? It would have still been a great album, with a huge step forward. A band sound can only improve, not regress. You can like or dislike the new sound, but it will only improve, as long as is sticks to the same genre.
/end Rant

About the new album, I expect another "revolution". Something like, let's say, shredding solos by Akesson altered by melodic ones by Akerfeldt... I expect something even more marked between the Dark Side and the Bright Side.
And I'm optimistic.

that was nicely put especially the record label part.
cant wait for the new album, two new musicians i expect big things in this album.

I'm not worried in the slightest.

But then again, I never worry about new releases by bands. I don't put expectations on an album, because otherwise, when I hear it for the first time, my mind and ears won't be "free", if you know what I mean. I have to enter each album with a clear slate. Or rather...I prefer to, wherever possible. I mean, I am human after all, so it's not always possible for me not to have prejudices when listening to each and every album for the first time, but for the most part I manage! (All that of course, doesn't mean I don't get to be excited about a new release!!)

So far, Opeth have proved to me that they have exquisite taste in whatever they do, so even if I didn't have that "clean slate" attitude, I still wouldn't worry. They wont put anything on an album that doesn't meet their standards, no matter what label they're on, or what lineup changes occur. So I trust them. And look forward to the new album.