Update 17/6

I am curious how the agenda from mr.V look like. It would be inspiring. I am not the type of guy who often is doing nothing but I'll never get so much done like mr. V (but I watch the WC, maybe that's why :p ).

i'll be curious instead to know mr V's working method.
does he write for first music or lyrics?
does he have some scheduled working-hours each day or compose in the free time (when he has some)?
is him that type of artist who has some sudden ispiration when he is doing something else, or does him sit down with his guitar, without any program, and only let the thoughts and hands flow?
it would be fashinating to know how his wonderful music comes to life!

i'll be curious instead to know mr V's working method.
does he write for first music or lyrics?
does he have some scheduled working-hours each day or compose in the free time (when he has some)?
is him that type of artist who has some sudden ispiration when he is doing something else, or does him sit down with his guitar, without any program, and only let the thoughts and hands flow?
it would be fashinating to know how his wonderful music comes to life!

actually it has many phases and methods. Inspiration is the thing that boost the first idea of a song I guess...then a lot of mind work, working out the intrumentation and then arranging it etc...other times it comes to me like a complete piece...but then again maybe it has been on my mind for a longer time and all of a sudden just reveal itself. Sometimes I just write a lyric out of the blue and then find to where it belongs. But what I don't do it just writing random music parts and try to build songs from. It has to have a wholeness, of course I can write a theme and leave it there and then go back later to pick up that initial feeling to work on it some more.

mr V

actually it has many phases and methods. Inspiration is the thing that boost the first idea of a song I guess...then a lot of mind work, working out the intrumentation and then arranging it etc...other times it comes to me like a complete piece...but then again maybe it has been on my mind for a longer time and all of a sudden just reveal itself. Sometimes I just write a lyric out of the blue and then find to where it belongs. But what I don't do it just writing random music parts and try to build songs from. It has to have a wholeness, of course I can write a theme and leave it there and then go back later to pick up that initial feeling to work on it some more.

mr V

Do you tend to write from guitar? And do you ever just write half a song and then link it with other stuff you've already written?

mr V

i'm always amazed by your ability to write in such different styles.
a lot of artists are good in doing their own music but never change style during their carriers (just look at big names like iron, ac/dc, motorhead) , while you are extraordinarily polyhedral, you're able to compose stuff from folk to viking, from progressive to avantguarde, from rock to melodic death, from thrash to black....it's really impressive.
where did you learn to express yourself in so multifaced ways? where do you take such inspiration, are you a great listener or what?

i'm always amazed by your ability to write in such different styles.
a lot of artists are good in doing their own music but never change style during their carriers (just look at big names like iron, ac/dc, motorhead) , while you are extraordinarily polyhedral, you're able to compose stuff from folk to viking, from progressive to avantguarde, from rock to melodic death, from thrash to black....it's really impressive.
where did you learn to express yourself in so multifaced ways? where do you take such inspiration, are you a great listener or what?

I guess inspiration is coming from a lot of differents places and phases...just the four seasons that we have up here is enough to write four albums a year:) Every experience you go through kinda "pitch in", it's universal I think, it's the same for everyone. I just point it towards music.

I like many styles of music and don't see contradiction in listening to harsh death metal and lush symphonic rock...it's music, notes and chords put together in different manners and l like to season the soup with different spices:)

mr V

I guess inspiration is coming from a lot of differents places and phases...just the four seasons that we have up here is enough to write four albums a year:) Every experience you go through kinda "pitch in", it's universal I think, it's the same for everyone. I just point it towards music.

I like many styles of music and don't see contradiction in listening to harsh death metal and lush symphonic rock...it's music, notes and chords put together in different manners and l like to season the soup with different spices:)

mr V

The seasons seams to be a big inspiration for both you and Øystein; Starshine Theater, Nine waves, Stir of seasons, For a thousand years, here all the seasons are named in the lyrics :)

About Waterclime; I like the idea to write music when you try to be open-minded as a child. You said something like that somewhere on this forum, I believe. I can imagine that this 'concept' is inspirational. :)

x-files.jpg