US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

Amen!! Their best CD (and what got me hooked 6 years ago..)

Because Epica and IE didn't play, SX started early. They ended early too, I was hoping we'd get a few more songs... I've never been out of the webster before 11:00 before :(

can you tell us the running time of the SX set? i'm seeing the nyc show and have to catch a 12:10 bus, and if SX doesn't go on till 10 i'm wondering how long their set lasts. thanks!

MG

hey i just got back from the hartford show. the setlists this leg are similar to europes, but im really glad they decided to not play the same setlist 5 times in a row :D. Anyway the setlist....i dont remember the exact order, but here they are:
Oculus Ex Inferni Intro
Set The World on Fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
Paradise Lost
Masquerade of Lies
Sea of Lies
Through The Looking Glass!!!! (very very nice)
Smoke and Mirrors
Inferno
Revelations/divine wings pt. vii
----------
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows

I think that was it, the order is probably wrong, but it was really nice. I hope the rest of you enjoy it as much as i did.

edit. i forgot they played inferno too

An excellent set list, but I really enjoyed when they played Evolution (The Grand Design) last year. You have to give some to get some though.

I'm seeing them in just a few hours in Cambridge, I REALLYYY hope they keep Out of the Ashes on the setlist. In fact I'm gonna put in a personal request to Mike and Rus and the gang, haha. It's one of my favorite songs and I've never seen it live. I'm also glad theyre doing Eve of Seduction, missed that back in July. No Odyssey this time around but you cant have everythin'. Gotta bring my custom axe's cavity plate for Mike to sign :). Also, I saw a car parked around Comm Ave in Boston today that had Jax's name on the license plate, maybe it was hers? Haha.

spite, I dont have any extra tix but just a word of advice, if you cant get an extra ticket show up to the venue anyway, in places like the middle east "soldout" doesnt necessarily mean that, and they might have a few tickets available last minute.

I was at the tour opener last night... the best time i've seen the X bar none. The live version of Through the Looking Glass is absolutely breathe taking. I am really glad that they are whipping out a few different tunes for this tour. And I was in one of the "shitty" local bands playing before X...the one with the keyboardist on the mainstage, heh Well I guess I am seeing them in boston tonight too.... now i must hear some OUT OF THE ASHES!

oh, and the venue ALWAYS has extra tickets for a "sold out" show...just get them early

No offense, but what the fuck is wrong with venues putting melodic black/death metal bands on a prog/power metal show? We have the same fucking problem in seattle... why? I'm not saying you can't like the music, but fuck... why?

Yeah, the Sonata bill here was also abysmal. I know that it's all a numbers game, which bands can pull in the most people, but fucking seriously why not at least *try* to make the openers match the headliners? Such bullshit, like i said it happens all the time in seattle. Personally, i don't give a shit to get my band on these bills... i'd love to open for bands like Helloween and Gamma Ray, but it's not going to ruin my life if it doesn't happen. I just don't want to put up with death and black metal and brocore opening these shows i really want to see. Likewise, i wouldn't want a prog band opening up a black metal show. It's fucking insanely retarded.

apparently Into Eternity (who i realy dont like) and Epica (Simone's cool but some other girl is singing tonight cuz Simone's still recovering) are opening tonight in Cambridge..it's not too bad I guess. I remember when that band The Agonist opened for Sonata Arctica at the Palladium the last time I saw them, holy crap what a trainwreck lol. The guitarist thought he was sooo cool, every song hed grab the guitar and hold it up by the neck while chugging on the low E. Dude, you are just beyond awesome.

I remember when that band The Agonist opened for Sonata Arctica at the Palladium the last time I saw them, holy crap what a trainwreck lol. The guitarist thought he was sooo cool, every song hed grab the guitar and hold it up by the neck while chugging on the low E. Dude, you are just beyond awesome.

Was it really a low E? Or a low G? :lol:

Just got back from the Cambridge show, and I can say that was probably the best Russell ever sang. INCREDIBLE. I got to meet all the guys as usual and hang out, signed all my stuff even though they were just about ready to drop. The intensity of the show was probably higher than any metal show I've ever seen before, even Rus and the band acknowledged that they were blown away. The setlist, not necessarily in order but I think i got all the songs:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set the World On Fire
Domination
Masquerade
Serpents Kiss
Paradise Lost
Inferno
Walls of Babylon
Smoke N' Mirrors
Egypt
Revelation/Divine Wings Pt. 7
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins And Shadows

Don't think I forgot any, but correct me if im wrong. And yes, you read it right..no Sea of Lies! Oh well, change can be fun. I spoke with the three Mikes and Russell, and they said it was just because they were sick of playing it. I can't blame em, they've probably done it at every show ever since Divine Wings came out. Overall one of the best Symphony X shows I've seen. I was really hoping for Out of the Ashes but you cant have everything :).

I can see a band like Into Eternity opening for SymX tho... there is a crossover crowd for sure. Maybe there is a shortage of appropriate power/prog bands to open for those tours when they come around Seattle?

Just saw the Cambridge show. It was my first time seeing Symphony X and I was amazed; they were awesome. The opening bands were good, but Symphony owned the night. The performance, tightness and especially energy was just way better when the masters stepped on stage, and Russell is such a personality.

The setlist was the same as the other posted here, except no Sea of Lies and no Looking Glass, but they played Egypt. I guess they played one song less for us?

Anyway, amazing show. The sound was quite good, I could actually hear the singing (which was right on, amazing voice) and many of the solos. I was like "wow, it actually sounds like the CD!" It was a small venue but I was upfront and Russell really made it feel good. Big ups to him for making it a good time. Apparently Romeo let some people touch his frets at one point as well. At the end everyone was chanting "Odyssey!" but oh well, maybe another time.

Just saw the Cambridge show. It was my first time seeing Symphony X and I was amazed; they were awesome. The opening bands were good, but Symphony owned the night. The performance, tightness and especially energy was just way better when the masters stepped on stage, and Russell is such a personality.

The setlist was the same as the other posted here, except no Sea of Lies and no Looking Glass, but they played Egypt. I guess they played one song less for us?

Anyway, amazing show. The sound was quite good, I could actually hear the singing (which was right on, amazing voice) and many of the solos. I was like "wow, it actually sounds like the CD!" It was a small venue but I was upfront and Russell really made it feel good. Big ups to him for making it a good time. Apparently Romeo let some people touch his frets at one point as well. At the end everyone was chanting "Odyssey!" but oh well, maybe another time.

Yeah as I said, when i hung out with the guys and asked em about it they just said they were sick of Sea of Lies, lol. Overall, great show. And yeah, Into Eternity were bearable but not spectacular. The singer is good but i could do without the growls, and the guitar player is very technical but in my opinion he's technical at the expense of good phrasing and melody. Epica was pretty good, but Symphony X definitely ruled.

Well, technically they also played Death of Balance... so we didn't really get one less song. Seeing as I hadn't seen anything from V on their setlists lately I was pretty happy they pulled Egypt out for us.

No offense, but what the fuck is wrong with venues putting melodic black/death metal bands on a prog/power metal show? We have the same fucking problem in seattle... why? I'm not saying you can't like the music, but fuck... why?

I dunno, I guess maybe they assume that progressive metal fans might be somewhat opened minded to other types of metal/music, as long as it shares some basic common values such as somewhat strong musicianship or not having breakdowns. I guess they obviously are wrong though, since all openers must sound like a downgraded version of SX I guess?

It has to do with the fact that venues get local bands to help bring people into the show by selling tickets. How many local progressive/power metal bands do you know that even exist in your local scene, let alone any that are actually good or can draw anything. Personally, I like diversity with my music and shows I see (which is why this tour is awesome having into eternity and epica).

I saw this evenings show in Boston and it was quite sweet. The show in hartford had a more appealing setlist to me, but tonight had much better sound and a much more active crowd. haill sx. however, as an epica fan, i was disappointed with the new fill in singer...in numerous ways. oh well

Well, technically they also played Death of Balance... so we didn't really get one less song. Seeing as I hadn't seen anything from V on their setlists lately I was pretty happy they pulled Egypt out for us.

:worship:notworthy:worship:Please do that one in Montreal:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Missed it in Madrid so I hope to see it in Montreal:kickass::kickass: