US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

Alright, just got back from the show, and all I have to say is WOW!

Into Eternity
Was alright, the drum sound was horrible but they're some good musicians none the less, they also commented on our smelly canadian weed :) Other than the fact the drums where horrible and the singer fucked up a few times, pretty good :)

Epica
Well Epica is Epica, you get what you get, mediocre performance, lack of Simmone upset me. And after their first song one of their guitarists ran off stage, was sick to the stomache! I was rather disapointed with Epica's performance really.

Symphony X

The Setlist:
SymphonyX006.jpg

Encore:
EVE OF SEDUCTION
SEA OF LIES

Now it should be noted that Sea of Lies was not on the encore list, on the setlist they had...
Eve Of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows
Out of The Ashes

The show was fucking amazing, everyone was on their top game, sound quality was close to perfect, romeo's amp could have been turned up a bit, but none the less fucking eh.

It was a very emotional night, since I don't know if anyone heard but Russell Allen has the flue :( Which he shared with us, also said the doctor told him to not sing, but he said he loves his job to much. It was very teary to see him when he wasn't singing blowing his nose and coughing. In his words "I'm trying my hardest to share the love you guys are giving to me right now!"

Oh and for any Montrealers or Jax My question about them playing with Iron Maiden this summer, Russell Allen announced it :)

During Paradise Lost Allen had to stop to cough his brains out, so the crowd sung the chorus for him, he was very happy. Like I said, an emotional night!

Back on to the show, everyone was spot on and really cool. When they switched from Revelation to Divine I was the one to yell the song out lol, Romeo smiled and noded to me woot \m/ Russell Allen also did some stand up comedy based on his sickness lol.

Allen"God I wanna sing"
God"No"
Allen"Why?"
God"Because!"
Allen"And than Satans down there and he is like...."
Satan"ROCK ON MUTHAFUCKAH"

Not that I expect anyone to really care but I caught one of Allens water bottles WOOT

T'was a night to remember, and Symphony X obviously stole the show, perfect performance! Allen looked a little tired though, obviously because of the flue :(

At the end everyone was screaming for 'The Odyssey' as an encore and Allen replied...
"Are you trying to kill me? I love this place but I don't wan't my grave to be here!"

After it was all done the place emptied out I stuck around for a bit, got my digital camera back since it was conviscated. There was alot of moshers, everyone was singing, t'was great! I went out back to hang around their bus a bit. Met the Epica members and Into Eternity, and most of all I had a chat with Pinella and Lepond :)
SymphonyX008.jpg

SymphonyX012.jpg

Sadly I didn't get to see Romeo, Allen, or Rullo, perhaps if I stuck around a little longer but it was freezing and late, and I had a feeling Russell wasn't in the mood for seeing fans because of his flue!

As far as merchandise go, they had 3 t-shirts, 2 girlies, and a hat. No cds, no cups, no posters, no picks, ect. I just picked up two shirts in XL which glenn, fits amazingly well.

Thats that, just wanna say they blew me away, awesome performance, awesome meeting some of the guys, really cool!

PS: The hair in the face could not be helped, so much fucking wind lol!

And just for some added fun here is the line-up on both sides of me :)
SymphonyX004.jpg

SymphonyX003-1.jpg

And me and two of my buddies waiting at the bus :)
SymphonyX010.jpg

SymphonyX011.jpg

*it should be noted that in that last photo my buddy is standing on the sidewalk and I am NOT lol*

The Setlist:
SymphonyX006.jpg

Hey that's my setlist!!! :kickass:

Gonna write more later, but I just wanted to say it was a kick-ass show (even though Russ was sick... the comedy part was awesome). I got the setlist (see above, those are my hands), a Romeo pick (near the end of Egypt, Romeo picked-up a pick on his stand and started to play with it, after a few seconds, he lifted his head and looked at me, which was screaming my lungs out, and threw it directly to me... hehe:headbang:) at the end of the show I also got one of Jason's drumstick, but caught it at the same time as some fanboy who about to cry if I didn't let go, so I left it to him... :puke:.

Egypt litterally sent shivers over my whole body, it was truly a gem for any true Symphony X fan (since the crowd did not all seemed to know this song... for my part I screamed the lyrics as loud as I could).
I was happy to see Ashes on the setlist, but we got Sea Of Lies instead like Proulxski said, probably because Russ was sick or something, too bad...

I later hanged out with the guys of Into Eternity (which are pretty cool and were probably high too... haha o_O), and talked to Lepond for a good while (he said that Sea Of Lies is one of his favorite song to play, maybe it's the reason it got on the set instead of Ashes and Sins). The other guys took about 1h to get out of the venue, I was freezing my ass off, but got to take a picture with all of them, except Russ who went directly to the bus (but said he was sorry not to be able to stay for us...).

P.S. Notice that they played Pardise Lost...

So like Proul is 7'10" ?... wait... I suppose you Canuckians use meters :p

"great sound".... sounds like a good show, not that I can see how you can have great sound with the guitar too low... :heh:

Oh and for any Montrealers or Jax My question about them playing with Iron Maiden this summer, Russell Allen announced it :)

No need for the emphasis on my account..what I know and what I can officially confirm are often two different things. ;) :rolleyes:

Well I dunno about everywhere else, but there is a metal fest comming to Montreal this summer, Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Unexpec and a bunch of others.. Its not official, but Allen did announce it infront of the crowd. I dunno if its a tour thing or a one show kinda thing, so I cant help you out dude!

Now theres something that would be great for Symphony X... a full tour with Maiden but Maiden must be half way done in the US now right ? Prolly never to play here again ? I know the Jersey show sold out fast and many others.

Maybe I be driven up to Montreal :headbang:

I thought they just played Jersey a month or so ago ? Im stupid what can I say, I dont keep up or got confused. Ill go back and check

well maiden is playing NJ's PNC bank arts center on june 14th... and i will be there. they haven't yet started the second leg OR announced a support band. i would kill to see sym open for them. i mean i woul KILL someone to see that. anyone at all. anyone. one of you even. or a family member. ANYONE.

anyway.

why does russ not like bruce?

Bruce apparently ragged on Russ's vocal skills.

To be fair, bruce is one of maybe 4 or 5 vocalists in the world that has any right to say such a statement, the others being Halford, Dio, and quite possibly Kiske.

Bruce apparently ragged on Russ's vocal skills.

To be fair, bruce is one of maybe 4 or 5 vocalists in the world that has any right to say such a statement, the others being Halford, Dio, and quite possibly Kiske.

eh....I'll just leave this one alone

(while making a not-so-subtle reference to the fact that I disagree)

scratch Kiske replace with Tate... hey I like Kiske but Tate came first and theres much coincidence involved
Bruce is the Godfather of that style but.... Tate was more with plenty of Halford kick to boot
Dio's Godfather in Russ's line but Russ has more
IMO if its really true that Bruce said anything about Russ its due to him being outshined and not knowing how to deal with it

This is my opinion and with this I have mentioned my five favorite metal vocalists so I'm not being bias, just my thought out evaluation... in breif