Utterly Epic Vocal Performances

Luca Turilli? Dont you mean Fabio Lione, he is Rhapsodys vocalist, Turilli does lead guitar. As for Fabio's vocals, yes, they can be quite epic, but they are very very hard to take seriously due to the subject matter, so I dont find them very emotional.

As far as power metal vocalists go, Tarja (ex-Nightwish) is the only one I give a damn for but that is because I have a soft spot for Opera and its bigness.
haven't you ever heard Luca Turilli's solo work?

and I don't mind if bands use fantasy imagery in their music. I quite like it actually, since I'm probably the biggest nerd you can find on this forum (I also don't consider myself the typical metalhead).

how can you have a thread like this without

raining blood
the trooper
angel of death

also god of emptiness by morbid angel

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

God of Emptiness is in every single way (including vocal performance) merely a hollow sequel to the truly magnificent "Fall From Grace" (which is, after all, the definitive death metal song, period).

No, it isn't. Conceptually, musically, and temporally, it is really nothing more than an attempt to remake "Fall From Grace" in a streamlined, MTV ready format.

I guess, if pop rock masquerading as death metal is your thing...

In an absolute sense, of course, it's a steaming turd, not that I really expect you to be able to parse the difference.

The_Electric_Joe_Satriani-An_Anthology.jpg

Call it a good guess.

How can you not fucking understand that you are arguing with a man whose sole purpose on this forum is to piss people off with his rhetoric and ANAL witticisms? Really Dave, grow the fuck up and learn to back down from arguments in order to let other people begin a discussion of their own.

Falco, stop being a dickhead. Seriously.

I can't ban him...if I could ban people, half of the idiots here would be gone.

How about you grow a pair and learn to back down from impossible arguments about unrelated things before dragging entire threads down with your stupidity and bullheadedness?

how can satch be pop rock when none of his songs follow verse-chorus-verse formula?

The jam session is just another way of doing an end run around the need for fitting concept to structure (the most demanding element of composition), which is why 'sophisticated' pop groups love to hide behind the jam.

And, to return to "God of Emptiness," look at how the song is put together. It's basically a mashup of Morbid Angel's own sound and "Head Like a Hole." No, thank you...

you're a fucking moron. Satriani's music has absolutely no pop elements whatsoever. Definition of pop -
pop music" is often distinguished from other subgenres by stylistic traits such as a danceable rhythm or beat, simple melodies and a repeating structure. Pop music generally uses a simple, memorable melody and emphasizes the rhythm, often with syncopation, and stripped down to a basic riff or loop which repeats throughout much of the song. Pop songs usually have a verse and a chorus, each with different musical material, well as a bridge connecting them in many cases.

Transposing up the main chorus and verse by a semitone or two towards the end to build up the tension is also common in many pop songs.

so it is pop music with absolutely no elements whatsoever that would define pop music? wow that's a new one :erk: