Video game music

Silent Song said:
have any of you other RPG freaks played Xenosaga 1? i thought it was brilliant...

Xenosaga was pretty good but I don't think it compares to Xenogears on the PS1. Xenogears may be my favorite RPG ever and it has a great soundtrack too.

Jon Snow said:
Xenosaga was pretty good but I don't think it compares to Xenogears on the PS1. Xenogears may be my favorite RPG ever and it has a great soundtrack too.
i've been meaning to look into that, especially with so many people saying that.

The Mechwarrior 2 soundtracks are my favourites. I share them on DC++ at Sublevels too.

I also liked the Dark Reign soundtrack a lot.

Didn't Steve Vai do the soundtrack for Halo 2? That would explain the subtle wailing guitar note that seems to permeate every music track throughout the game....

hehe, yes the soundtrack for "total annihilation owns!!!! especially the opening track.

but the best game soundtrack ever is obviously the soundtrack for redneck rampage!!!

"know what iiiiiiiim gonna doooooo!! im getting drunk, with or withoutttttt you!!!"

Has anyone heard the music from Diablo(1), the one that plays in the town level? Well, I like it alot and it´s kinda similar to the opeth-folk songs, like requiem. Does anyone agree??

nosferatuX said:
Has anyone heard the music from Diablo(1), the one that plays in the town level? Well, I like it alot and it´s kinda similar to the opeth-folk songs, like requiem. Does anyone agree??

Wow, i forgot about that. Good call man...That is great music.

I love video game music final fantasy always has good stuff, actually Iv'e started making music for small indie games, probably nothing you'll ever hear about, it's usually like three to six people working over the internet on halflife rip offs or small puzzle games

haggard said:
Didn't Steve Vai do the soundtrack for Halo 2? That would explain the subtle wailing guitar note that seems to permeate every music track throughout the game....
good call haggard. yes. but i think he only did bits and pieces. at the end i heard some guitar tone that i thought sounded familiar. then the credits came up and....there you have it.
for all you nerds out there, Laura Prepon and the chick from S.W.A.T. were in it too. thought i should tell you.