what are you currently reading????

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Noticed a nice long discussion on some books on one thread so it seems we have some serious readers here....

finished this book a few months back...

LAB 257. it is a telling about Plum Island. A medical research facility on the east coast which many blame for releasing Lyme Disease onto the US. It is a very very depressing book on how badly run this dangerous testing facility was. Good news is that this place is closed and now they want to reopen in in the Colorado area right by the meat packing plants that we get lots of our beef from.

also currently reading...

Crossed - one of the best comics for violence and gore. basically it is a virus outbreak that turns you into a maniac that releases all your deviant urges. This book has lots of killing, skinning, raping, flesh wearing and other crazy stuff. Very well written as well.

Morning Glories - Prep school for hand picked students which with each issue you learn that there is more going on there asides teaching. If you are a fan of the TV show LOST...basically it is like the base that the Others were in. Very cool stuff.

I was gifted a Kindle over the weekend. Two minutes of use later, I was hooked. It'll definitely come in handy for my upcoming Eurokvlt.

Currently reading "Blood Meridian" again.

George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 3: A Storm of Swords
Tom Shippey - The Road to Middle-Earth, How J.R.R. Tolkien Created a New Mythology
Lin Carter - Tolkien: A Look Behind the Lord of the Rings

I'll probably crank out a few Lovecraft and Poe stories over the summer before I start reading a bunch of Victorian and Augustinian literature for grad school

Piers Anthony - The Source Of Magic: The Xanth novels were favorites of mine as a young teenager. Revisiting them now some 25 years later I'm amazed at how much sexuality (and sexism) went right over my head!

Jack Vance died earlier this week (at the age of 96) so I reread his story "The Moon Moth." I love this bit of dialogue:

"But he is a criminal," cried Angmark. "He is notorious, infamous!"
"What are his misdeeds?" sang the Goblin.
"He has murdered, betrayed; he has wrecked ships; he has tortured, blackmailed, robbed, sold children into slavery; he has-"
The Forest Goblin stopped him. "Your religious differences are of no importance."

I've been enthralled by Chips & Beer magazine, got all the issues except #2. Can't get enough of this mag, read them all cover to cover, first I've ever done with a magazine. If anyone has a readable copy of issue #2 (King Diamond issue) let me know, I'd be willing to buy it

Not selling mine any time soon, but I really hope you get it. The King Diamond feature is fucking fantastic. I could likely scan it for you if you're interested.

equalizer%20book.png

This is not connected with the Denzel movie but a weird updating of the series' characters. Control, Mickey etc are all present.