what are you reading?

It took me 6 years to master HTML, and people are still doing things with it that boggle my mind.

HTML itself is barely even the tip o f the web design iceberg anymore. I mastered it years ago but fell behind the technology of building dynamic websites long ago.

HTML itself is barely even the tip o f the web design iceberg anymore. I mastered it years ago but fell behind the technology of building dynamic websites long ago.

It's more like the base. Sure, there are a million and one layers you could put on top of it, but for most things, HTML is still the basic building block. So, since the new job deals with quite a few websites, I thought it would be good to brush up on basic skills.

I really have to brush up my CSS as well!

My dad also faught that war... In fact, my dad is not religious at all, but he fests every yom kipur because on that day, and on that war, he saw every single soldier in his unit die in front of him, and out of 30 men in the unit, he was the only survivor. And on that day, he swore that if he comes out of the war alive, he will fest every Yom Kipur and so he does.
hah. A little moving story there, but yeah.
I would love to read that book, Gal! I would look for it!

Wow, that sounds like an amazing story. I bet he tells it well, eh?

(not that I'm too big on book signing, but it was a good chance to actually exchange a few words with Hitchens for a few minutes and sort of get a compliment from him within those few minutes :loco: :lol: )

What words did you exchange, if you dont' mind me asking?

No?

Wow, that sounds like an amazing story. I bet he tells it well, eh?

It's a very sad story... to hear he lost all of his troops/ friends at that war including my uncle by the way.... My mom's brother, served with my dad and was only 19 when he died... I never knew him. (I wasn't born yet) My dad saw him die and had to annouynce it to my mom who told her parents that day that they lost their youngest son... not easy...
I think that if there is any reason to fest on a religious holiday, that is exactly it.

Sorry didn't see your original post!
It's kinda hard to explain/type it.... sounds better when is being said than typed but in a nut shell: he loved the fact that Im Israeli and that I reminded him of his wife :loco:

As some of you may already know, Christopher Hitchens has been diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Very unfortunate, but it was most definitely brought upon himself by his unhealthy lifestyle. I can already hear the torrents of daft and credulous religious people proclaiming they believe he was punished by God. That, in my opinion, is the more unfortunate situation.

My dad also faught that war... In fact, my dad is not religious at all, but he fests every yom kipur because on that day, and on that war, he saw every single soldier in his unit die in front of him, and out of 30 men in the unit, he was the only survivor. And on that day, he swore that if he comes out of the war alive, he will fest every Yom Kipur and so he does.
hah. A little moving story there, but yeah.
I would love to read that book, Gal! I would look for it!

This is the book:

http://bookme.co.il/Books/Item_Details.aspx?Barcode=35-2137

https://www.booknetshop.co.il/prodtxt.asp?id=24458&perur=2&t=14&c=507

Not sure what you mean by "next" Wheel of Time book, but Robert Jordan (or at least his real life meat puppet) is very, very dead. So I advise waiting for something else.