What bands do you make a constant effort to see live everytime they play near you?

None, really.

It's all about timing. For example, I am going to Nevermore next month and went last August because of the fact that the shows are/were on Friday.

I went to Ozzfest last year but missed this year because it being on a Thursday. I missed Into Eternity (back in April) because I went on a business trip to L.A. Sucks......I won those tickets and KISW probably hates me now.

Going to shows suck when they're on weekdays (which is mostly all of the time) so, I simply don't go.

Holy shit I'm drunk. I rant but I type straight!

everyone plays in my city/town, and I don't go to check them. I mean, Nevermore. yeah, I go to Hungary or Austria. or even Slovenia to see them. wow.

very few, if any bands...

I used to make every attempt to see Slayer, but that faded out.
I'd say Morbid Angel, but I missed the very first reunion show date, so I'd be lying.... actually, from now on, I'd see anything they do.

Green Carnation, but they only toured once

So far, there are 3 bands that I WILL see every time\: Solitude Aeturnus, Nevermore, Novembers Doom

Bands that never play the states that I WILL fly to see if they play anywhere in the states: Candlemass, Anathema, My Dying Bride

i usually like to go see as many bands that i know as possible. but for awhile now, funds have been low and preventing this from happening. I always enjoy seeing Nevermore. I have been dying to see Into Eternity performing the new stuff. If Anathema came anywhere in the states, I'd probably go. I've seen Sevendust with a bunch of my friends every time they've come to Philly/AC lately. despite people probably going to trash them, they put on a very entertaining live show. also, I think i've caught Killswitch Engage every time they've come by. And i'm definately catching Symphony X in August. it'll be my first time seeing them. They came to the NJ Metalfest back in... '03?... but i think they played the same time as Nevermore on a different stage. So we missed that. i'm looking forward to it, and the setlist seems promising.

back in the day when i loved in NY .....

Testament, Overkill, Nevermore, SYL / Devin Townsend, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Carcass, Napalm Death, Life Of Agony, VOD, Prong

Any band I like a lot, if they go to Chicago, I'll be there. But the only bands I'll also go up and see again in Milwaukee or travel for are Megadeth, Exodus, Nevermore, and probably Iron Maiden. Maybe Testament, although the last time they played Chicago or anywhere close to it was in 2003.

Discidium... though none of you have heard of them i bet. they are more of a local act where i'm from.. but i love those guys, and i'm pretty close with them.

nevermore of course, i fucking flew germany for the dvd show...then BACK when it got cancelled teh first time.

i also flew to athens for a show back in october 05. im going to this seattle show in august and i cant fucking wait.

the other band id fly over oceans for would be kalmah...what an unbelievable fucking band that could own the world if they wanted to.

Evergrey blew me away when they were with nevermore & in flames...i would definatly see them agian.

Job For a Cowboy was very impressive.

i dunno, i would see a lot of bands i already saw...which isn't saying much lol

Not really an effort for bands around here, I usually see anything remotely good that comes through.

On the other hand, there is a constant effort to travel for some bands...