what do you think the next Opeth album will sound like?

westknadrian

New Metal Member
Sep 26, 2006
with a new drummer and guitarist in tow, i think their sound might be quite different... but then again, mikael is still the man in charge! i just hope it will be as awesome as all the other great albums!

i think theyll bring some of their own interpretation to Opeth's music.
any how, will be good for sure.

well im' hoping for a dark metal album with sublime prog moments. i can't w8 to hear Fredrick's shredding over Axe's solid 4/4

well im' hoping for a dark metal album with sublime prog moments. i can't w8 to hear Fredrick's shredding over Axe's solid 4/4

I hope that last sentence was a joke. I don't wanna hear any shredding within miles of an Opeth release.

Actually, I don't wanna hear any shredding anytime anywhere.

Very hopefully another Orchid/Morningrise...maybe something at least Still Life/MAYH-ish? Another epic like Black Rose Immortal would be awesome, just hope there will be some of the old Opeth in the album...also lots of awesome acoustics would be very nice.

bang, please bump up the sarcasm level, you're scoring a bit low on the shits and giggles scale.

perhaps it will be a bit heavier, that would be great. but i think the prog influence will continue to grow, hopefully in combination with heavier death metal influences than ever before ;)

I don't see the worry over shredding in the new album, if it happens its going to be ultimately up to Mike. I he feels there should be some blazing sweep picked arpeggio fueled solos , then it will be so. Personally I think Per's keyboards will come back even stronger than before, and hopefully they will turn Mendez up just a tad bit more and give him a funky slap bass solo :p ( One can dream right?). All in all, it will be a good album, and thats all that really matters.

I really think this one will be a little more death metal influenced, considering the backgrounds of Fredrik and Axe, I'm hoping for a more old school death metalish drums. That would be awesome!

It will sound like whatever Roadrunner wants it to sound like.

I hope your being sarcastic. How many times must everyone debate this stupid issue? RR has no say in what goes into an Opeth album. If they do, then it is extremely small. Mike would not let them ruin Opeth's sound.

I think the album will sound equally good or better than the rest of the discography. Who knows? I expect it to be heavier... maybe more acoustic breakdowns and such. Hopefully it will be a perfect addition to Opeth's extremely promising album lineup.

Oh, and adrian, how many new threads you gonna make?!? You've got like 4 in the top of the forum. :lol:

don't worry about hibernal. he's delusional and convinced himself that there's a corporate boogyman steering Opeth's direction, because, ya know, death metal vocals and 13 minute songs are definitely the chart-toppers these days.