What if....?

The Greys said:
What if Masse never left Hypocrisy or atleast the band release 1,2 more albums with him. Masse has some of the sickest growls. I like peter now in general(he fits the newer direction)and have a lot more respect for this guy but Masse just sounds like he's from hell.

I'm not sure how much influence Masse had over the songwriting, but I can't see him doing the vox for "Abducted" because Peter's vox makes that album unique and really fit it well.

Since he's just the vocalist he probably did not have anything to do with the songwriting on a musical stand point unless maybe he played guitar on the side. If I was a guitarist in the band would not let someone in the band that's not a guitarist in the band write jackshit. That's just my stand on that. An album should have a consistancy in style and technique. If everyone wrote riffs a cd would sound like everyone's favorite bands and things babbled together. One song would sound like that band and one that band, blah.

What if...Dave Mustaine had, indeed, got the Diamond Head singer in to sing for Megadeth rather than "sing" himself ?

what if (building on carc's thing) mustaine got dimebag into megadeth? wait it think i know the answer...they would be so much more overrated

what if more people used the double guitar that michael angelo batio invented?

would the progression of metal taken a different turn if celtic frost never formed or would there have just been another similar band in their place?

cookiecutter said:
I think there would've been a similar band. It's not a quantum leap they made, just a logical but important step towards extremity.

On the contrary; there were few bands of the time of Morbid Tales who could produce music so effortlessly simple, and yet so powerfully atmospheric. No, perhaps in terms of technicality, Celtic Frost weren't breaking any huge barriers, but after them, the pursuit of atmosphere and sinister emotion would be much more widespread.

Reactions: Mr_Haze
cookiecutter said:
I think there would've been a similar band. It's not a quantum leap they made, just a logical but important step towards extremity.

Actually they were gigantically influential in any form they were in, and I don't think bands like that could just come out of nowhere at that time.

Kreator/Destroyer said:
true screamo? is there really screamo that doesn't suck or true screamo sucks as well?

True screamo is actual screamo (duh). It can be traced back to like the mid-80s or something (SV knows more about it than I do).

Watch this video of Japanese screamo legends Envy. Also UM has a review of the new Envy disc up somewhere here, so go read it. They are very good.