What if....?

ICP is fucking retarded and anything there fans do is equally shit-headed.

What if Barnes never blew out his voice?

Leiland said:
In my first comment i was just posting a "clever" little shitty joke to go with Authentic Metalheads post.

I still think some of the shit Danni wears looks gay as fuck, despite it being the same or similar to black metal bands.

And if i was a poser i would have just jumped on the "cradle of filth are shit" bandwagon in my second post, instead of revealing YES i do not think they are that bad and i listen to there songs occasionally.

You wouldn't have 'revealed' you actually don't mind them if I didn't say anything. It just came across as you pretending to hate the band in a "clever" (I don't see anything remotely clever) little joke to be cool.

Anyway, what if extreme metal as we know it had begun in the 60's?

Pull The Plug said:
Anyway, what if extreme metal as we know it had begun in the 60's?

The whole annoying hippie culture would not exist at all or barely exist. And instead of the shitty jam bands of today, college kids who are trying to "rebel" would be listening to 20th generation death and black metal which would sound trite and ridiculous. I would probably be a vegan, smoke more pot than I normally do, and be all into yoga and all others kinds of gay hippie shit.

The Greys said:
Cradle of Filth look pretty gay but actually seems pretty straight and normal. I saw them on TV one time and they were not some depressed goths that were like 'SATAN' and serious or anything. I think it's pure entertainment and image for them. I guess bands need to find an image. Since the beginning image has been involved with music. Kiss had an image,alice coopers,etc..

You think a lot don't you (good thing).

cookiecutter said:
What if the church burnings had happened in America?

A load of ugly, wooden building would be no more. Seriously, I don't think the US has anything more than a handful of nice liking churches to its name.

What if Sabbat(uk) hadn't lost Walkyier ?

cookiecutter said:
There would be a lot of teens following Slayer or Metallica like My Chemical Romance and Hawthorne Heights. The old fans would say that those bands sold out and that the new fans sucked.

wouldn't that mean that this forum would be General Emo Discussion? oh wait only thrash would be frowned upon right?

cookiecutter said:
There would be a lot of teens following Slayer or Metallica like My Chemical Romance and Hawthorne Heights. The old fans would say that those bands sold out and that the new fans sucked.

There were lots of teen fans of Slayer and Metallica. I was one of them. At the time, tight black jeans and a denim jacket seemed like such a good idea - especially with the white hi-top sneakers.

When I think about it, the ridiculous fashion of so-called modern Emo is just about as gay as the old thrash look.

Carcassian said:
There were lots of teen fans of Slayer and Metallica. I was one of them. At the time, tight black jeans and a denim jacket seemed like such a good idea - especially with the white hi-top sneakers.

When I think about it, the ridiculous fashion of so-called modern Emo is just about as gay as the old thrash look.

Like everything in life, the deciding factor comes down to hair. Would you rather see this:
metallica-cliff-burton.jpg

Or this:
himsa2.jpg

????

What if Masse never left Hypocrisy or atleast the band release 1,2 more albums with him. Masse has some of the sickest growls. I like peter now in general(he fits the newer direction)and have a lot more respect for this guy but Masse just sounds like he's from hell.

They'd have remained much more underground, but have had a more gradual build in popularity.

What if...Joey Belladonna hadn't been booted from Anthrax ?